VeriFLY - how to delete old trips/passes?

Tom-n-Cheryl

I inputted a few future cruises with VeriFLY, and successfully used the pass for our 3/25 Liberty sailing ("My Trip #1"). I can't figure out how to delete prior trips, to help reduce the clutter. I'd prefer my next trip be at the top of the list.

There's an option to CANCEL trip if I go into a future trip. There's a trash can icon in the upper right which returns a "Delete pass" option. I was concerned if I selected it that it would delete everything, but it deleted nothing. When I select "Manage Trip" from my (already completed sailing) it returns the following - obviously kicking up an error since it's in the past.... Can I be the only one? !  🙂

i-FjR6kcr-M.png

Tom

I can't answer your question.

I just opened my VeriFLY app to see if I could figure it out for you and my Carnival Freedom cruise from 3/26 is gone. I didn't do anything to make it go away.

My only thought is have you checked to see if the app has received the latest update? That's all I got.

18 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Yep - that's what I tried before, and it says it deletes (something), but nothing has changed upon my return to the list of cruises. Not only that, but there does not appear to be any way (or at least obvious confirmation) to select one of the trips. That's why I was somewhat hesitant to confirm my desire to delete... when I didn't know what the heck I was agreeing to (what would be deleted).

Tom

3 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I inputted a few future cruises with VeriFLY, and successfully used the pass for our 3/25 Liberty sailing ("My Trip #1"). I can't figure out how to delete prior trips, to help reduce the clutter. I'd prefer my next trip be at the top of the list.

There's an option to CANCEL trip if I go into a future trip. There's a trash can icon in the upper right which returns a "Delete pass" option. I was concerned if I selected it that it would delete everything, but it deleted nothing. When I select "Manage Trip" from my (already completed sailing) it returns the following - obviously kicking up an error since it's in the past.... Can I be the only one? !  🙂

i-FjR6kcr-M.png

Tom

I get the exact same error when I click on my prior cruise passes.  It was great when we cruised the Mardi Gras in January and used it for a speedy trip through the terminal.  But now that I have a new booking, it doesn't allow me to delete or archive the prior cruise.  I also wanted to update my photo, but it would only allow me to update other members of my party. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

8 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Just a thought

delete the app, reboot phone, download the app again????

think the app on your phone just access the “app” in the cloud where this all resides.   Good thought tho.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Thanks though -- I did opt to "submit a request" from that page to the company. We'll see if they reply!

Tom

They did reply overnight!

They gave me the steps which I've already taken - apparently not reading my contact with them (for content), nor seeing the error image I get when trying to follow their steps.

I replied stating such, so we'll see if they have a Plan B.

Tom

8 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Just a thought

I toyed with that idea, but the problem solver in me wants to try and "fix" the issue I'm having. But, trust me - I'm not one to pass on the nuclear option with regard to computers/tech when necessary... pulling the plug, reformatting/starting over -- just such a hassle!

Obviously, this is not mission critical - the app still works, it just looks like it's going to get cluttered. Even if the app didn't work, I'll always have the necessary documents in old school form at hand. 

Tom

10 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Just a thought

I had to do this to delete cruise from March and it worked, tried the trash can icon but it kept showing up, hope they fix this in future as it seems like a lot of trouble when the trash icon should delete all old trips.

They replied back (again)!

Hi,

Thank you for contacting VeriFLY Support.

In order to bypass this error, please proceed with reinstalling the app. If you’re still experiencing issues, please let us know.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused so far.

Take note that, for security reasons, your selfie and all of your trips won't be saved in the app when you switch devices or re-install the VeriFLY app.

Tom