HAL "Cancel for any Reason" Insurance

Lindancer

2 minutes ago, Lindancer said:

I paid over 3 times that to insure our Greek cruise last year.  But there were 3 of us and we had a Neptune Suite, so....  the more the cruise costs, the higher the insurance!

Yup.  The poster that I quoted made it sound like it's not that expensive, at least to me.  It's worth it to me.

Had to cancel February 2022 Panama Canal transit cruise due to positive COVID test even though I had no symptoms. HAL allowed us to move to another cruise in March 2022, which was covered completely cost wise, and even left some additional FCC that they then placed on our December 2022 cruise balance due.

• Like 2

On 4/18/2022 at 9:48 AM, PROCRUISE said:

Had to cancel February 2022 Panama Canal transit cruise due to positive COVID test even though I had no symptoms. HAL allowed us to move to another cruise in March 2022, which was covered completely cost wise, and even left some additional FCC that they then placed on our December 2022 cruise balance due.

I assume you also purchased the HAL policy. Since you did not use your purchased policy(Covid is covered by the COVID-19 Protection Program, available to all), did HAL 'move' your insurance to the new cruise or did you lose it?

On 4/16/2022 at 5:51 PM, PSR said:

Has anyone ever had to use the HAL "Cancel for Any Reason' Platinum  insurance when FCCs were used to partially pay for the fare?  If so, did you receive the total amount back as a refund, or only the amount that was not part of the FCC? Thank you for any information.

Just quoted my original question in case anyone has some experience with using the Platinum CCP as described above. Thank you.

Edited by PSR

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2022 at 4:31 PM, PSR said:

Just quoted my original question in case anyone has some experience with using the Platinum CCP as described above. Thank you.

Following. We have Mar 2020 FCC (we cancelled a couple days before HAL cancelled) that is set to expire at the end of this year. Have found an October cruise to use it on; FCC pays for about 2/3 the total. The remainder isn't enough to rationalize Platinum "insurance" for. On the other hand if PCP would extend that FCC, or make 90% of it payable in cash -- seems like lots of people who aren't ready to sail again, would be jumping on that option.