Ketchikan Crab Feast No Longer All-You-Can Eat

Crew News

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

How do they regulate the time period?  There's a whistle at the start of the 45 minutes and another one at the end of the 45 minutes?  

Probably when your bus leaves. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have done crab fest twice. On our first trip I purchased the float plane trip to crab fest the event was wonderful. I was just wondering if one can purchase the float plane trip this year or not. If so what is the price?

DSC06948.JPG

1 hour ago, J0Y0US said:

Probably when your bus leaves. 

Then, will we on that bus tour have to wait for those who are "late arriving" because of ......?  😀

A time limit is a dumb business model,  in my opinion.  It's "all you can eat" or it is not.  

Edited by rkacruiser

17 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Then, will we on that bus tour have to wait for those who are "late arriving" because of ......?  😀

A time limit is a dumb business model,  in my opinion.  It's "all you can eat" or it is not.  

You would need to read some of the past threads but I don't think the time limit is anything new and I never read anyone not getting enough.

Possibly the commenter can provide additional context when their cruise ends.

On 5/5/2022 at 4:08 PM, rkacruiser said:

How do they regulate the time period?  There's a whistle at the start of the 45 minutes and another one at the end of the 45 minutes?  

I think they have a schedule they stick to. They know how long you have for the “feast” portion of the tour. 

I booked directly with George Inlet Lodge and it honestly was a huge disappointment based on what I had read. We only had 6 in our tour and it honestly felt rushed. It was supposed to be 2.5 hours and was maybe 1.5 hours. They were aware of some mobility issues ahead of time but didn’t have a step to help get into the van that you had to literally climb into. It was about a 3 foot step into the van with 1 hand grab in the worst location. Even those of us with no mobility problems struggled to get in. We were told they would have a step when we got back to the van but they didn’t. They did have a vehicle that took those with mobility issues down to the dining room. 

We asked if it was the same experience as the cruise ship excursion and were told it was…it wasn’t. Cruise excursion gives you pasta and chicken as well. They came around 4 times with crab but if you weren’t done with the one on your plate, you weren’t given another serving. We could have all eaten more, but instead dessert was given out. No sides were given and by time the second serving came around, the butter had solidified. 

Definitely wouldn’t do again. You can get more Dungeness crab at Tracy’s crab shack in Juneau for the same price. 

BCFDD78A-2FFD-40BB-8469-AC9BFC1F580D.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LMKakaThing2 said:

I booked directly with George Inlet Lodge and it honestly was a huge disappointment based on what I had read. We only had 6 in our tour and it honestly felt rushed. It was supposed to be 2.5 hours and was maybe 1.5 hours. They were aware of some mobility issues ahead of time but didn’t have a step to help get into the van that you had to literally climb into. It was about a 3 foot step into the van with 1 hand grab in the worst location. Even those of us with no mobility problems struggled to get in. We were told they would have a step when we got back to the van but they didn’t. They did have a vehicle that took those with mobility issues down to the dining room. 

We asked if it was the same experience as the cruise ship excursion and were told it was…it wasn’t. Cruise excursion gives you pasta and chicken as well. They came around 4 times with crab but if you weren’t done with the one on your plate, you weren’t given another serving. We could have all eaten more, but instead dessert was given out. No sides were given and by time the second serving came around, the butter had solidified. 

Definitely wouldn’t do again. You can get more Dungeness crab at Tracy’s crab shack in Juneau for the same price. 

BCFDD78A-2FFD-40BB-8469-AC9BFC1F580D.jpeg

Sad.  I have been at the feast while on a cruise and never saw pasta, only a boiled potato.  The most I have eaten is more than three times that shown on this plate.