Stateroom Question on Mardi Gras

cheerjulez

Will be on the Mardi Gras next year. We have two balcony rooms on the 14th level. Right now the stateroom my husband and I are in, is connected to random people next to us (14317.) Our kids are on the other side (14311, non connecting room.)

Is it better to stay in the rooms we have or move to rooms that are on the same floor, not connected to another stateroom, but are across from the elevators (14302 & 14304.)

Just off the Mardi Gras on 4/9 and ended up with a  connecting cabin on Deck 14 as well.  We were shocked how we didn't hear our neighbors on either side all week - no talking/laughing/arguing/tv - nothing.

2 hours ago, jeb2791 said:

Just off the Mardi Gras on 4/9 and ended up with a  connecting cabin on Deck 14 as well.  We were shocked how we didn't hear our neighbors on either side all week - no talking/laughing/arguing/tv - nothing.

Thank you! I’m hoping I end up with the same scenario!

1 hour ago, siestakeys04 said:

I think if you are concerned look for rooms connected for you and your kids then you can have the connecting door open if need be.

That is what I was hoping we would end up being able to do. I would rather have a connecting room with the kids than any other type of room I’m having a hard time finding a room for 2 people connecting to a room for 4. 

7 hours ago, cheerjulez said:

That is what I was hoping we would end up being able to do. I would rather have a connecting room with the kids than any other type of room I’m having a hard time finding a room for 2 people connecting to a room for 4. 

You may have to get a pvp involved in helping you. I feel like there aren’t that many cabins on the MG for 4. Or maybe they just sell fast. Have you considered doing a suite? That may open the possibilities of more rooms for 4. 

Have you thought about you keeping your balcony room and checking to see if the inside room directly across from your cabin door is available for the kids?  My brother and SIL do that so they have direct view of kids door (if they cannot get the actual connecting room thing) and they do not want their 3 kids to have their own access to a balcony (more so when they were younger) as it just made them more comfortable.  

Does the setup you currently have allow for the balcony's to open to each other so that you have a much bigger one?  

14 hours ago, cheerjulez said:

Will be on the Mardi Gras next year. We have two balcony rooms on the 14th level. Right now the stateroom my husband and I are in, is connected to random people next to us (14317.) Our kids are on the other side (14311, non connecting room.)

Is it better to stay in the rooms we have or move to rooms that are on the same floor, not connected to another stateroom, but are across from the elevators (14302 & 14304.)

We had three adjoining cabins starting with 12371 two weeks ago and never heard a peep from the large Suite to the left of us. The staterooms must be pretty well insulated on that ship because it was very quiet between cabins except of course, the toilet vacuum. 🙂 

And be sure to open up your balconies between your two cabins. We did that and had a massive three cabin balcony for the week. We spent much more time on our balcony on that cruise than any other than Alaska because it was like hanging out on the front porch with an ocean view. 🙂 

14 hours ago, jeb2791 said:

Just off the Mardi Gras on 4/9 and ended up with a  connecting cabin on Deck 14 as well. 

We were shocked how we didn't hear our neighbors on either side all week

- no talking/laughing/arguing/tv - nothing.

Lucky YOU!

Most folks sadly think their cabins are sound-proof. They're not.

Please have some consideration for the folks next door!

11 hours ago, Drazil65 said:

Have you thought about you keeping your balcony room and checking to see if the inside room directly across from your cabin door is available for the kids?  My brother and SIL do that so they have direct view of kids door (if they cannot get the actual connecting room thing) and they do not want their 3 kids to have their own access to a balcony (more so when they were younger) as it just made them more comfortable.  

Does the setup you currently have allow for the balcony's to open to each other so that you have a much bigger one?  

The balcony rooms do open to each other from the kids side. I’m glad we would be connected, at least that way. 

9 hours ago, creativegenius said:

We had three adjoining cabins starting with 12371 two weeks ago and never heard a peep from the large Suite to the left of us. The staterooms must be pretty well insulated on that ship because it was very quiet between cabins except of course, the toilet vacuum. 🙂 

And be sure to open up your balconies between your two cabins. We did that and had a massive three cabin balcony for the week. We spent much more time on our balcony on that cruise than any other than Alaska because it was like hanging out on the front porch with an ocean view. 🙂 

Makes me feel a little more optimistic! Thank you!