Wonder from Europe in June

Howdy. 

My son is trying to convince me to book the Wonder on a 7 day leaving from Barcelona....in June.

We have not done any overseas cruise and I am trying to see how it all works.  Is there anything we need to do to be able to get off at the different ports?

He is looking at flying into Amsterdam for a couple days and then flying into Barcelona.  Afterwards, he would like to spend a few days in Spain before heading back home...possibly leaving from Madrid.  Would it be better to just fly straight into Barcelona an worry about going to Amsterdam first?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

1 hour ago, Disfan5 said:

Would it be better to just fly straight into Barcelona an worry about going to Amsterdam first?

In the COVID era you should aim for simple and if you have any hesitation or would be stressed about the varying protocols, skip Europe for now. 

• Like 1

Not sure where you're flying out of, but I just recently booked our flights to Amsterdam for our Jewel cruise in early July, and the tickets for the four of us cost more than the cruise.  I'd been monitoring flights since October thinking they'd drop and finally pulled the trigger, so you may want to look at airfare to help you make your decision :).

As long as you are fully vaccinated and comply with having a booster where applicable you will be able to move around Europe freely. Given you need to do a other COVID test before boarding the ship it's just the small probability to get stuck in the middle of your trip. If you are willing to take this risk and will not be worrying about it all the time which could let this holiday be more of a burden than fun better to wait with traveling to Europe, otherwise why not.