What does "P" mean?

mafig

It's been a couple of years since we've been on MSC.  We have two cruises both in the Yacht Club.  At that time we booked the designation YC1, but now I see there is also YCP.  What's that?

We just came off of a cruise in the Haven (NCL) and feel we might want to try MSC YC again.

Looking at  Eastern Caribbean....any YC except Divina.  Also curious about what benefits have changed since we last cruised.  I really enjoyed the newpaper (do they still have that) and to a lesser degree the stocked mini bar.  

Do you have to show your cruise card for every drink you order.  'We were just on NCl Haven and had to do that.  I kept saying to DH if we're in the Haven why do we have to do this/  I do not recall having to do this in YC.

3 minutes ago, mafig said:

Looking at  Eastern Caribbean....any YC except Divina.  Also curious about what benefits have changed since we last cruised.  I really enjoyed the newpaper (do they still have that) and to a lesser degree the stocked mini bar.  

Do you have to show your cruise card for every drink you order.  'We were just on NCl Haven and had to do that.  I kept saying to DH if we're in the Haven why do we have to do this/  I do not recall having to do this in YC.

You do not show any card or anything else in the YC

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mafig said:

I really enjoyed the newpaper (do they still have that)

I had 2 newspapers (abridged versions) in March.

6 minutes ago, mafig said:

and to a lesser degree the stocked mini bar. 

Ours was stocked and refilled without charge. We didn't touch the alcohol, though. The kids ate the Pringles and peanuts.

10 hours ago, mafig said:

It's been a couple of years since we've been on MSC.  We have two cruises both in the Yacht Club.  At that time we booked the designation YC1, but now I see there is also YCP.  What's that?

We just came off of a cruise in the Haven (NCL) and feel we might want to try MSC YC again.

How are you and Jose doing?  We will be on Seashore June 18 to July 2, 2022.  Still some rooms in YC available 😉!!  How was the Haven compared to Seaside YC in 2019 or was it 2018?

This is our first cruise out of Florida since Feb 2019. We have had one cruise since then on the Navigator. Find sailing out of California a lot easier and cheaper than flying all the way to Florida. With RCCL return to San Pedro we have our next 4 RCCL cruises out of San Pedro.  We also have booked the last Enchantment Alaska cruise and TP to Hawaii in 2023.

Hope our cruising paths cross in the future.

2 hours ago, seapad said:

You will not need to show anything if you are inside YC. You can just ask for any drinks. However if you go outside YC , they will ask you for the card, the charge will be $0

No more YC bands anymore?  Thanks

6 hours ago, frank808 said:

No more YC bands anymore?  Thanks

I didn't say there weren't bands 😀

Haven't sailed msc since Oct so unsure about that.

But even then, you didn't show the bands in the YC...outside of the YC you did show them.

I suspect the bands are still there because they use them for covid tracking and it also works doors, elevators, etc.

25 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

I didn't say there weren't bands 😀

Haven't sailed msc since Oct so unsure about that.

But even then, you didn't show the bands in the YC...outside of the YC you did show them.

I suspect the bands are still there because they use them for covid tracking and it also works doors, elevators, etc.

We had them on Seashore in YC in February and March on a B2B.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, frank808 said:

How are you and Jose doing?  We will be on Seashore June 18 to July 2, 2022.  Still some rooms in YC available 😉!!  How was the Haven compared to Seaside YC in 2019 or was it 2018?

Hope our cruising paths cross in the future.

Actually, I think we both prefer the YC.  There were a couple of things that we did not like.  First of all the Haven restaurant.  I knew that the menu never changed, but I thought I certainly could get used to lobster, filet mignon, and prime rib every night.  But, you know, it is possible to get tired of lobster and crave some variety.  Lots of kids.....let me put it another way.....lots of out of control kids with no parents in sight.  I knew going into this week it was Easter week, but this was also coupled with Norwegian Escape being damaged, the cruise cancelled and passengers choosing to move to our ship.  So we sailed full.  A couple of other things, too.  Overall, it was good, and the Haven is very nice, but I don't think we'll do it again.

I will share one funny thing.  The first night Jose got up to use the bathroom and being considerate did not turn on the light, so as not to wake me.  He did his business, washed his hands and then somehow got turned around. There is no light switch in the bathroom, it's on the wall outside.  He was in a pitch black room and could not find the door to get out.  He called to me but I was fast asleep.  After what he thought was about 20 minutes he finally did find the door handle!  From then on we left the light on in the bathroom at night.  

Hope to sail with you again.  We had Celebrity Edge cancelled on us.  We cancelled Brilliance of the Seas back in January.  I'd really like that Covid testing to stop.....I found it stressful.....I can imagine how it is for you coming from Hawaii.  😮