Celebrity Constellation Refurbishment???

ravenrob

She went to dry dock last summer for routine maintenance plus some updates (new carpeting, paint, and furniture especially in public areas) but she has not yet been revolutionized and I haven't seen any update on when Celebrity plans to re-start the revolution process with the remaining ships.  She was in pretty good shape when I was on her last November.

Edited by prmssk

It got a major refresh in Cadiz in July 2021, but no Revolution.  We were on her restart sailings, and things looked great.

Contrary to above, a LOT was accomplished.  I wonder how many square miles of carpeting is needed to redo an entire M class ship?

• Like 1

We sailed on the Summit in a SS and it was terrible   We got off of that ship and drove to Tampa and got on the Constellation also in a SS.   Thankfully it wasn’t ruined by Kelly and those Idiots at Celebrity that approved of her designs

The Constellation is still a grand lady and in great shape.  

Can’t vouch for any other cabins but the SS was way better than what was on the Summit.   The Summit no longer has walk in closets.  No full mirror and this was our balcony .  The one with the wooden chairs was Kelly’s design for the Summit     The other is on the Constellation.   She also eliminated all the storage in the bath room.  

Please don’t destroy more ships by “upgrading ‘ them

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

A5206620-E3AB-4C5F-A462-2F23D90FB9DE.jpeg

4C842BA8-C6D5-4BF0-AE57-C1F0BCA14364.jpeg

Edited by miched

4 minutes ago, miched said:

We sailed on the Summit in a SS and it was terrible   We got off of that ship and drove to Tampa and got on the Constellation also in a SS.   Thankfully it wasn’t ruined by Kelly and those Idiots at Celebrity that approved of her designs

The Constellation is still a grand lady and in great shape.  

Can’t vouch for any other cabins but the SS was way better than what was on the Summit.   The Summit no longer has walk in closets.  No full mirror and this was our balcony .  The one with the wooden chairs was Kelly’s design for the Summit     The other is on the Constellation.   She also eliminated all the storage in the bath room.  

Please don’t destroy more ships by “upgrading ‘ them

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

A5206620-E3AB-4C5F-A462-2F23D90FB9DE.jpeg

4C842BA8-C6D5-4BF0-AE57-C1F0BCA14364.jpeg

Those are new chairs too on Constellation though. I think future renovation furniture will be more that style than what Summit got (which was one of the first to be Revolutionized) as there was a lot of negative feedback.

• Like 1

The suites on Constellation got more of a  refresh than the regular rooms.   I was in both an aft C1 and a Sky Suite recently.   The aft C1 hadn't had the mattress replaced but the curtains were replaced but weren't the heavy black out variety.    The sky suite had the new wonderful bedding and the balcony furniture was nice as shown above and had blackout curtains.  Carpeting had not been replaced in either room.  I would stay again in either room

Most public spaces had been refreshed.  Rendezvous and MIchaels Club both very well done.  Michaels Club they left the dark wood but lightened all the furniture and carpet.  The chairs I think were the old barrel chairs from Rendezvous which had been reupholstered and were very comfortable.

In my opinion it is much more inviting than the old dark Michaels and the stark uncomfortable Retreat on Edge/Revolutionized ships.

• Like 1

On her in March and she is in great shape.  All new carpet in most public areas and a lot of new furniture.  Cabin was pristine.  Only place you might notice the age of the ship is on the balcony.  I also don't think the MDR was refreshed.