Covid testing problem in for us here in UK

ace2542

39 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

So which test would be required the PCR or the Lateral Flow?

The latest Princess requirements for UK departing cruises is HERE

Either option is OK as they are both supervised, but the Lateral flow is an Antigen test that is both faster to get the result and cheaper than a PCR.

Many places say that their tests are accepted for Fit to Fly and that may be true. We are not flying though.

As you can see in the link, Princes specify "Medically Observed" which many Fit to Fly tests do not appear to be. However the tests offered here are all done by their staff, all you need to do is turn up.  If you are fully vaccinated and boosted you can have it done any time in the 3 days prior to embarkation although we have booked ours two days prior.

Edited by acmar
Corrected

33 minutes ago, acmar said:

The latest Princess requirements for UK departing cruises is HERE

Either option is OK as they are both supervised, but the Lateral flow is an Antigen test that is both faster to get the result and cheaper than a PCR.

Many places say that their tests are accepted for Fit to Fly and that may be true. We are not flying though.

As you can see in the link, Princes specify "Medically Observed" which many Fit to Fly tests do not appear to be. However the tests offered here are all done by their staff, all you need to do is turn up.  If you are fully vaccinated and boosted you can have it done any time in the 3 days prior to embarkation although we have booked ours two days prior.

I am sorry but just noticed that you are flying to the USA. It does not appear to change anything but I tried to edit the original post but the system does not let me do so.

The latest Princess requirements for UK departing cruises is HERE but I suspect that is not a lot of use to you as your sailing is not covered.

The Princess USA testing requirements are HERE

Either test option is OK as they are both supervised, but the Lateral flow is an Antigen test that is faster to get the result and cheaper than a PCR.

This link says that an Antigen Lateral Flow) test is OK for entering the USA, so It appears to satisfy everybody providing that you are fully up to date with inital vaccinations and boosters.

Edited by acmar

23 hours ago, acmar said:

I am sorry but just noticed that you are flying to the USA. It does not appear to change anything but I tried to edit the original post but the system does not let me do so.

The latest Princess requirements for UK departing cruises is HERE but I suspect that is not a lot of use to you as your sailing is not covered.

The Princess USA testing requirements are HERE

Either test option is OK as they are both supervised, but the Lateral flow is an Antigen test that is faster to get the result and cheaper than a PCR.

This link says that an Antigen Lateral Flow) test is OK for entering the USA, so It appears to satisfy everybody providing that you are fully up to date with inital vaccinations and boosters.

I am with NCL test 2 days before cruise and 1 day before flights. By boosters do you mean the upcoming THIRD booster shot?

Edited by ace2542

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

I am with NCL test 2 days before cruise and 1 day before flights. By boosters do you mean the upcoming THIRD booster shot?

As far as I know,  there has only been one booster available to all, and that is the one that is required if you have had the course of two vaccinations previously.

A second booster is available for those over 75, or who have a compromised immune system.

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

I can only suggest that you read the link that I put on the post for Princess USA. 

It clearly says that. 'Up to Date' is "Received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible at least 7 days before embarkation" 

You are therefore up to date if you have had the original two shots plus any other booster that you have actually been offered and had at least 7 days before you depart. 

If you have not been offered a first or second booster  then as wowzz says above this does not mean any boosters that are upcoming in the future, so you are up to date. If you have been offered one booster and have had it you are up to date. If you have been offered the over 75 booster and have had it you are up to date. 

I am cruising ex Southampton next month, I have only had one booster and I am up to date because no other jab has been offered to me. 

We was on a cruise in april from san francisco, Im from the UK.

We did a lateral flow observed test (we have done the over the phone route this time, and Christmas did an in person route at a company called dam health)

For travelling to the USA, you need to take the test 1 day before (not 24 hours). So if you are fly say 7pm on the 19th, you can take the test at 9am say the previous day on the 18th. For cruising if you are fully vaccinated it should be 2 days before for the ship. (princess offers 3 days if you have had boosters)

As you are going through BA? There is the Veryfly app to upload your documents, but if you dont have that, you must bring paper versions of your test results/ attestation form /covid jabs

attestation form https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/Combined-Passenger-Attestation-Amended-Testing-Order-12-02-2021-p.pdf

Covid pass letter with all the dates of your jabs on https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/nhs-covid-pass/get-an-nhs-covid-pass/get-your-nhs-covid-pass-letter/ If you do this version, It lasts for 30 days. We only ever needed it to show at airport, and US boarder control when they asked(not on way back home). It takes about a week to come in the post. If you have a phone you can do it on the nhs app, but not everyone has phones, so this is a good version.

Edited by sammyjoanne
  • Like 1

Hello we are on the Princess Cruise departing Southampton on the 9th May (and returns to Southampton) and am wondering if anyone has actually used the Randox testing (the £13.50 one that is done at home and uploaded onto your iPhone) to go on a Princess Cruise.

Boots and Lloyd have similar kits, are these acceptable especially given we are not flying anywhere after the cruise?

I notice the Princess Cruise site has a “recommended “ test but not “required” but this test is not available to us in the time frame we arrive from Australia for the cruise.

We are triple vaccinated and have just recovered from Covid and have a certificate from our local state medical authorities stating as such.

Edited by Otterandkate

Found the southampton one:https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/uk-southampton-cruises/

it also says this on the link above :We recommend all guests take their viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) prior to leaving home to avoid queues and travel disruptions associated with a possible positive result on the day of embarkation. For U.K.-based guests, Princess recommends an option for an FDA-authorized, medically supervised at-home antigen test kit through our testing partner Prenetics™ (£30). Order your Lateral Flow Antigen test kit online^..

So if your test is just one where you take it at your leisure and upload it to your phone, then it would recommend getting an in person one where they watch you do it, be it over the phone or at a clinic. clinics I hear people say boots, or lloyds pharmacy, and also dam health does them too.

it then goes on to say:

''When possible we recommend guests take a medically observed viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) prior to leaving home to avoid queues and travel disruptions associated with a possible positive result on the day of embarkation. We understand that this may not be possible based on your travel plans. For fully vaccinated guests, we will offer antigen testing at the terminal that meets our requirements. For those that wish to take advantage of this convenience, a fee of $60 USD per person will apply as a stateroom folio charge to cover our internal costs''

Seems like to me that although they are ''recommending'' medically observed, they are really pushing for it to be in person.

after that it says

''The following formats are acceptable proof of a COVID-19 test: paper COVID-19 test results (original only; no photocopies accepted), digital or emailed COVID-19 test results; or record of COVID-19 testing from a healthcare provider including original digital email notification or personal electronic health record.

The negative COVID-19 test result must include:

• Where the test was administered, including name and contact information for the laboratory or healthcare personnel who performed the test
  • Type of test (indicating it is a NAAT or antigen test)
  • A specimen collection date within the necessary time frame before cruise departure
  • Guest’s name and either date of birth, age, or passport number
  • A negative test result using words or phrases including:
  • Negative
  • Undetectable
  • SARS-CoV-2 RNA not detected
  • SARS-CoV-2 antigen not detected
  • COVID-19 not detected
  • Not reactive''

10 hours ago, Mcrlyons said:

Has anybody had the supervised lateral flow antigen at Dam Health £22.49 and used this to cruise without any problems.

Not for the cruise, but I have used dam health to go to the USA at Christmas (none cruise), and it was absolutely fine at the airport.

Dam health have a portal where you can log in and see your results once its published, but I did at the time when I went to the clinic said to please also email them me in PDF as well which they did.  I   download to my phone, and I printed them off as well.

The pass certificate did have all the details on, name, date of birth, name of the dam health and their details etc.

6 hours ago, sammyjoanne said:

Not for the cruise, but I have used dam health to go to the USA at Christmas (none cruise), and it was absolutely fine at the airport.

Dam health have a portal where you can log in and see your results once its published, but I did at the time when I went to the clinic said to please also email them me in PDF as well which they did.  I   download to my phone, and I printed them off as well.

The pass certificate did have all the details on, name, date of birth, name of the dam health and their details etc.

Oh thank you so much for all this information , i will book in with them I was struggling with finding somewhere as I cruise on Jubilee Weekend and all my local Boots and Lloyd's pharmacies are either not open bank holiday or only have a few appointments and they have been taken.

Thank you again 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mcrlyons said:

Oh thank you so much for all this information , i will book in with them I was struggling with finding somewhere as I cruise on Jubilee Weekend and all my local Boots and Lloyd's pharmacies are either not open bank holiday or only have a few appointments and they have been taken.

Thank you again 

Ive blocked out my personal details but this is the PDF version they sent. The QR code is fine as it was done in dec and will be invalid now. update, just tried scanning it and it said expired. Also, we used prenetics (project health) for Aprils trip to SF in the USA which is a home test but done over zoom (either over phone or on a laptop thats got a camera). They were just as good. I had to do another in clinic test in san francisco because we was sight seeing for a few days before boarding, but the prenetics one is another option 🙂

damhealth.png

Edited by sammyjoanne