18 days edocs not ready

lizzyshoes1

46 minutes ago, lizzyshoes1 said:

Hi can anyone tell me how long before your cruise can you download your edocs, check in 21 days before, but when you press download edocs says not ready, check in says completed and have all green ticks, thanks

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago before my 4/10 sailing.

I called the NCL helpline and they transferred me to the online help desk and they were able to fix it for me.  Something had to be reset, it worked fine after that.

• Thanks 1

FWIW, once reaching 21 days or less and 100% checked in with all the checked marks.  It's now common to wait up to 36 hours, but no more than 48 hours or 2 days for eDocs to be ready & eLuggage tags to be available to print.  This was true last month for us and also within the past few days for 2 linked bookings, email message alerted to it this Monday afternoon and I just checked our 2nd one today ... and, its also ready.  If still not showing up, call NCL to find out ... their server/website was acting up funny as usual, notorious on weekends.  

Now, didn't get luggage tags mailed to us last month so curious to see if they will do so this time - only gotten, oh ... maybe just 5 reminders that there is "still time" to bid on the Upgrade Advantage, and for certain Haven categories, Special Promotional Cabin Upgrade Opportunities Are Available!  

tied to available inventories, bidding at 50% off the typical starting minimum, hahaha.  If we're to submit bids and wait, then ... there is no rush to print out anything now, besides - digital ones were fine last month for embarkation purposes.  

Now, the more challenging & fun deal is to see whether our Bermuda TA is going to be smooth for sailing next month ... one of the nieces going next week & she's going to check it out first hand.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mking8288 said:

FWIW, once reaching 21 days or less and 100% checked in with all the checked marks.  It's now common to wait up to 36 hours, but no more than 48 hours or 2 days for eDocs to be ready & eLuggage tags to be available to print.  This was true last month for us and also within the past few days for 2 linked bookings, email message alerted to it this Monday afternoon and I just checked our 2nd one today ... and, its also ready.  If still not showing up, call NCL to find out ... their server/website was acting up funny as usual, notorious on weekends.  

Now, didn't get luggage tags mailed to us last month so curious to see if they will do so this time - only gotten, oh ... maybe just 5 reminders that there is "still time" to bid on the Upgrade Advantage, and for certain Haven categories, Special Promotional Cabin Upgrade Opportunities Are Available!  

tied to available inventories, bidding at 50% off the typical starting minimum, hahaha.  If we're to submit bids and wait, then ... there is no rush to print out anything now, besides - digital ones were fine last month for embarkation purposes.  

Now, the more challenging & fun deal is to see whether our Bermuda TA is going to be smooth for sailing next month ... one of the nieces going next week & she's going to check it out first hand.  

NCL told me I would have to print my luggage tags when I check in and down load my e-Docs. 2 days later I received my Luggage Tags in the Mail. Just goes to show you that one hand does not know what the other hand is doing with NCL  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, karmamule said:

We just recently passed the 21 day mark. I checked us all in first thing (got 9AM boarding times, yay!) but it wasn't until the next day that eDocs were downloadable.

Your 9:00am time slot is to check in at the port.  Your boarding time will likely be around 11:00am.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lizzyshoes1 said:

Hi can anyone tell me how long before your cruise can you download your edocs, check in 21 days before, but when you press download edocs says not ready, check in says completed and have all green ticks, thanks

On our cruise last week, it was the day after we checked in (20-ish days) when the edocs were available. Give it a day. If it is still greyed out on 17 days, call the general reservation number and ask to be transferred to Technical Support. The call center personnel do not have the privileges or skills to fix a broken reservation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

Your 9:00am time slot is to check in at the port.  Your boarding time will likely be around 11:00am.

Yes, I keep making that mistake and call it 'boarding' instead of 'arrival' time. Wishful thinking on my part 😄

• Thanks 1

When did NCL start the check in not available until 21 days before the cruise?  We had always checked in right after we booked.  The only thing recently is you couldn't upload vaccination (or something like that) info until the end.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Rob-Bob said:

When did NCL start the check in not available until 21 days before the cruise?  We had always checked in right after we booked.  The only thing recently is you couldn't upload vaccination (or something like that) info until the end.

It started not long after their return to cruising.  People would complete most of their check in then not go back at the 21 day mark for the other required stuff so they just shut it down until 21 days out.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, quillwercruisers said:

It started not long after their return to cruising.  People would complete most of their check in then not go back at the 21 day mark for the other required stuff so they just shut it down until 21 days out

Okay.  I know we had 2 cruises booked.  One booked in Feb 2021 for March 2022 sailing and one booked in May 2021 for July 2021 sailing and we completed most of check in items right away.

No big deal but nice to get things out of the way if you can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rob-Bob said:

Okay.  I know we had 2 cruises booked.  One booked in Feb 2021 for March 2022 sailing and one booked in May 2021 for July 2021 sailing and we completed most of check in items right away.

No big deal but nice to get things out of the way if you can.

I agree.  I prefer to be able to add in all the information that I can as soon as I can..

• Thanks 1