Profile picture of Medallion App

HSBC

I understand that you don't need to use your own photo as Profile picture, would Princess post your profile picture outside your cabin door?

What is the purpose of profile picture?  

Thanks!

The profile picture can be anything you like.  Mine happens to be a drawing of bears in white tie.  It just identifies you when you pop up on your room panel and on the TV/way finding panels and is the image other *passengers* see if they search your name in the app, for example.  It is of utterly no consequence.   It’s not displayed on the panel outside the room except when the door is being actively unlocked.  The rest of the time it’s just showing your name and loyalty level icon. 

The *security* photo is only visible to you and employees.   That’s the one that is used to pick you out of a crowd in a lounge or verify your identity when you exit or leave the ship. 65A62259-871D-4542-9ED9-EDAB2EE536CE.thumb.jpeg.f6f1052595bf194ad6e37d24a9ec12dd.jpeg

• Like 3

we have pictures of our cars, Classic Mini's as our profile photos. They only came up as we approached the room and when we looked at the accounts on the TV. I also thing i saw them pop up on the staffs tablets as we entered some of the shops on board. 

• Like 1

I could be mistaken but one poster, I believe it was @CineGraphic, said servers had trouble locating him because he used a picture of an actor as his profile picture.  They were looking for that face since it was what they were seeing on their screen. 

One thing many don't know is that there is a button, it's on the upper right of the screen when you order if I remember correctly, that will make your screen glow purple. You can hold your phone up so that servers can see where you are easily.

• Like 1