What happens with the Azamara help if one tests positive before cruise?

travelberlin

On 4/22/2022 at 6:55 AM, Riocca said:

I’m led to believe there should be 2 pharmacies open in Monaco on the 1st & 2nd no idea which ones but I doubt they’re prepared for the number of people who may require testing.

This Monte Carlo pharmacy still has available appointments for antigen testing on Monday (embarkation day): https://www.pharmaciefontvieille.com/

I have contacted my Hotel in Greece and they informed me that there are testing possibilities near the Hotel. The price Euro 10 for an antigen test. I wonder who is making the profit at the antigen tests offered for US 59 at the terminal 🧐

Ivi

• Like 3

2 hours ago, travelberlin said:

I have contacted my Hotel in Greece and they informed me that there are testing possibilities near the Hotel. The price Euro 10 for an antigen test. I wonder who is making the profit at the antigen tests offered for US 59 at the terminal 🧐

Ivi

How much would you charge to oversee a test? My guess is they need to pay a nurse to oversee and document the testing or people would be complaining they were using unqualified staff. They can’t win….labor is generally the biggest expense.

2 hours ago, mdpa said:

How much would you charge to oversee a test? My guess is they need to pay a nurse to oversee and document the testing or people would be complaining they were using unqualified staff. They can’t win….labor is generally the biggest expense.

The tests which cost Euro 10 are apparently tests made with qualified staff not self tests you can buy and do it yourself. They come with a certificate.

Ivi

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mdpa said:

Our tests in Scotland...lateral flow...on a Sunday are £99 each.

• Like 1

Guest Cooper2020
Just now, Lookyboy said:

Our tests in Scotland...lateral flow...on a Sunday are £99 each.

That is a lot of money for lateral flow in the UK.   Mine is £22.50 surely you can get a cheaper one

26 minutes ago, Cooper2020 said:

That is a lot of money for lateral flow in the UK.   Mine is £22.50 surely you can get a cheaper one

Not a lot of choice here in the north...The PCR is much more...I think £199 or £299 each. The chemist is the only one within quite a few miles to be able to fit with our timings. But.....hopefully it will be worth it.

1 hour ago, travelberlin said:

The tests which cost Euro 10 are apparently tests made with qualified staff not self tests you can buy and do it yourself. They come with a certificate.

Ivi

Then this is being subsidized. I get paid above minimum wage and would require more than $10 just to deal with scheduling, let alone testing, documentation, certificate, and cost of test. This doesn’t even factor in burden rate (benefits, inefficiency, overhead, etc.)