LV Insurance UK

Poole Boy

I have been looking at LV myself for when my policy expires next month, and it has a 5* Defaqto rating. The  policy reads well: obviously one has to stipulate any existing medical conditions.

We have had 3 cruises post Lockdown and only been asked once to show insurance policy, other times been asked if we have appropriate cover.

I am not sure when your cruise is, but Cunard send out numerous emails, which explains what you need and what to do, so don’t bin them. You will need e-ticket and boarding papers which you access via “My Cunard”, and of course passport.

Vaccination documents are a must, but as you know, this can change. All this is on their website.

We weren't asked to show any insurance documentation for our last cruise earlier this month, but had available the pages showing our policy number and that we were insured for more than the stipulated amount for medical expenses. I don't think they check very often.

If boarding a Cunard cruise at Southampton you will be asked to show your proof of insurance, as specific in the clear email that Cunard sends out several weeks ahead of departure. I don't know if that is also the case when departing from US ports.

55 minutes ago, mcloaked said:

If boarding a Cunard cruise at Southampton you will be asked to show your proof of insurance, as specific in the clear email that Cunard sends out several weeks ahead of departure. I don't know if that is also the case when departing from US ports.

That is what it says in the email, but it certainly didn't happen on my recent cruise. Nobody asked about proof of insurance.

When we cruised on QM2 last year - the short 3 day start up cruise - no one asked to see our insurance. We have now completed 18 cruises with various lines and we have never been asked to produce any insurance  documentation. Sadly though we have had to make a couple of claims!