Odds of Port Change, or clues were next?

Laplayaperson

Hey what are the chances we get a port change?  We have a friend sailing on the 5/21 Magic sailing out of Norfolk, and she just got notice on Monday from Carnival via email stating they will be visiting -- Bimini instead of Nassau. 

I personally think this would be a great change!  We then follow out of Norfolk on the 6/4 sailing.

Personally, I've done Nassau already many a times and would love to do something different?  Either way anywhere on a Ship is great, but just the thought of visiting somewhere new is exciting!  

Curious if this sailing changed leaving on 5/21, is it likely our on 6/4 will do the same once we get to the 30 days prior window?

Thank you all for your expertise!  

Cheers!

@Joe817 thank you for responding so quickly! 

Although we do love Nassau, visiting somewhere we have seen before has its perks to experience something new all together as a family!  However, we had planned and already purchased the dolphin encounter at Nassau.  If this happens some changes will need to be made, as when I search the offered excursion in Bimini this is not offered (or at least not showing)?  Hoping they let us know the sooner the better as it will most likely change what we choose to do at HMC and Freeport.  

Anyone else have experience on this?  

We had a port change from Nassau to Bimini as well, but on the way, a non COVID medical emergency forced our Celebrity ship to divert back to Jamaica for that persons' medivac.  The diversion and backtracking caused us to miss Bimini and we got an extra day at sea.

So a port change became a no port change.

Our September cruise on the Sunshine got switched from Nassau to Bimini.

I think they are trying to avoid Nassau as much as possible until the terminal and pier construction is completed (scheduled) in early 2023.

Bimini can only have one ship in port each day.

So check and see if any Virign ships (their pier) or Celebrity ships are already scheduled to dock on your Nassau day.

Then check if any other Carnival ship has already switched. (it seems any eastern or Bahamian cruise Carnival can, they have.)

Edited by bguppies
typo