Are the ceilings metal in the Staterooms? Specifically Ruby Princess

cruzin4us

I lost the hooks for my hanging shoe holder for our last cruise, but I thought "no problem, I'll use my super duper powerful magnet hooks" (you know the ones that take a crowbar to get off and claim to hold like 100#'s).   

Well, I boarded the Zuiderdam believing all staterooms had metal walls........but alas, this was not the case so I tried the ceiling.   They were metal, it worked much better than the original hooks that are used on the bathroom door or in the closet if you have the space.   The ceiling was metal and it hung beautifully, no clanking on the bathroom door (which it doesn't fit).    Either way, I'm glad I lost the hooks because this works much, much better.

Anyway, back to the question:  We have 2 long cruises booked on the Ruby and I want to make sure either the walls or ceilings are metal, otherwise I have to buy another shoe holder.

Pic is of holder hanging from the ceiling on HAL's  Zuiderdam.

01A41C20-B8C0-4364-91EE-32920936959A.jpeg

We were on the Ruby in November 2022.  My sons have hit the point where they are taller than me.  They thought it was hilarious to take my magnetic hook off the wall and hang it on the ceiling where I had to jump to reach it.  I can confirm that walls and ceiling are metal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, atobols said:

We were on the Ruby in November 2022.  My sons have hit the point where they are taller than me.  They thought it was hilarious to take my magnetic hook off the wall and hang it on the ceiling where I had to jump to reach it.  I can confirm that walls and ceiling are metal.

Ha, that's funny....

Thank you for confirming this.     
We are also on the Ruby - Nov 7th to Hawaii

10 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I have attached magnetic hooks on the "ceiling" to hang my privacy curtains (aka decorative shower curtain).  I do not know if the bathroom ceilings are also metal.

I don't know why I've never thought to bring a privacy curtain.....I just want it to screen out any light.   I like to sleep in the pitch black.    Another item added to my cruise list!

1 minute ago, cruzin4us said:

I don't know why I've never thought to bring a privacy curtain.....I just want it to screen out any light.   I like to sleep in the pitch black.    Another item added to my cruise list!

You could wear a sleep mask.

DON

• Like 1