Excursion booking access

dwlmg

We have two cruises coming up. Inside Passage in July and Viking Homelands in September. I am asking if people have been able to book their excursions for these cruises with staged access to bookings by cabin category in place or is the entire ship provided access at the same time as has been reported?

We are booked on a British Isles Cruise starting July 1st and as yet no excursions are posted.  Booking windows for most categories of cabins have passed so I can only assume that it will be "every man for himself" once they are open.  Hate that, but hope that they post them in time to book private tours if we are unable to get anything but the included ones when they post.  There seem to be some problems with the specialty dining too ... it is the first day we can book and neither Manfredis or the Chefs Table show any availability before 9:00 PM on any of the 16 days!  Hoping it is a glitch and will hawk it for a few hours before I contact Viking.

Edited by molymoo

Have a Venus cruise booked for this June, still no excursions available.   Talked with Viking rep yesterday and she said best bet to book excursions when they become available is to frequently check your MVJ account because they could appear at any time and a notification letter might not be sent out in time.  They will all probably be available to everyone at once, so if you want certain tours and don't spend your days in MVJ, you could be out of luck.  Very poor way to run a supposedly high-end cruise line.

10 minutes ago, zukecruiser said:

Have a Venus cruise booked for this June, still no excursions available.   Talked with Viking rep yesterday and she said best bet to book excursions when they become available is to frequently check your MVJ account because they could appear at any time and a notification letter might not be sent out in time.  They will all probably be available to everyone at once, so if you want certain tours and don't spend your days in MVJ, you could be out of luck.  Very poor way to run a supposedly high-end cruise line.

I check my MVJ three times a day….I need a life….🥴

We are still waiting for one port of a June cruise to open up. Our "priority" started nearly a month ago. No communication. No notices. No nothing. If Viking wants to encourage cancellations they are going about it the right way.

3 hours ago, molymoo said:

We are booked on a British Isles Cruise starting July 1st and as yet no excursions are posted.  Booking windows for most categories of cabins have passed so I can only assume that it will be "every man for himself" once they are open.  Hate that, but hope that they post them in time to book private tours if we are unable to get anything but the included ones when they post.  There seem to be some problems with the specialty dining too ... it is the first day we can book and neither Manfredis or the Chefs Table show any availability before 9:00 PM on any of the 16 days!  Hoping it is a glitch and will hawk it for a few hours before I contact Viking.

Don't forget to remove any Restaurant reservations on that day before you try to book Chef's Table or Manfredi's.

13 minutes ago, duquephart said:

We are still waiting for one port of a June cruise to open up. Our "priority" started nearly a month ago. No communication. No notices. No nothing. If Viking wants to encourage cancellations they are going about it the right way.

Are the other days of your cruise open for Excursion bookings? What is the date of your trip if you don’t mind revealing that information? We leave 6/24 and nothing is available. We should have been able to book more than 3 weeks ago. Thanks!

19 minutes ago, janetcbl said:

Are the other days of your cruise open for Excursion bookings? What is the date of your trip if you don’t mind revealing that information? We leave 6/24 and nothing is available. We should have been able to book more than 3 weeks ago. Thanks!

This is the 6/22 sailing of Homelands. Mariehamm (one of the "new" ports) is the stickler - all others opened a week or two ago, albeit late. Mariehamm, for whatever reasons, is open to earlier departures. Viking says it's a case by case situation, that arrangements have to made for each stop. I don't necessarily have a beef with that. My beef is that priority should still be staggered. Earlier categories are not getting what they paid for.

Leaving in 32 days for Scenic Scandanavia - and still don't have access to Gdansk, Berlin, Arhus, and Karlskrona ports - IDK when they'll be opened up but I just keep checking multiple times a day - oh well