Documents Needed for a 13 year old on Carnival Spirit

Jamran77

I have searched and search but I cannot find anywhere where it says what documents are needed for a 13 year old to get onboard.  We are on Carnival Spirit departing Seattle and returning to Seattle.   I applied for a passport and it was rejected the first time so I am not sure we will get it in time.  Will just a birth certificate be ok?  Does he have to have a photo ID with a passport?  We would need to get a birth certificate for him because the one we had was sent in with the passport application.   TIA!!

Edited by Jamran77

• Jamran77 changed the title to Documents Needed for a 13 year old on Carnival Spirit

As of right now, a birth certificate is all that is needed for him. If he were 16 or older he'd also need a photo ID. But I kept getting mixed responses to the same question so I asked John Heald and he said he couldn't confirm anything due to the fact that they are finalizing requirements with Canada right now. I'm going to try and get a passport for my 7/7 cruise just in case. I'm hoping I can get it back in time.

Edited by Pyxie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Your 13 yr old will need his gov't issued birth certificate.  You need to request a new copy ASAP since the one you sent along with his passport application hasn't been returned to you yet.  Just a reminder that a hospital issued BC will not be accepted.

And you have doubled checked all the other members of your group's travel documents?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Your 13 yr old will need his gov't issued birth certificate.  You need to request a new copy ASAP since the one you sent along with his passport application hasn't been returned to you yet.  Just a reminder that a hospital issued BC will not be accepted.

And you have doubled checked all the other members of your group's travel documents?

Thanks.  I think I can go to my local health department and they can print a new one.  I will do that Monday.  The rest of us have passports already issued but my son's has been a pain!!