NCL Sun and receiving art from Art Auction

hilltopfamily

In case anyone is interested, I wanted to let others know of the service I received from purchasing art onboard. I received a piece of art that I had purchased on the Sun on 1/19/2006 just about one short month later (on 2/23/2006) via FedEX. I'm pleased it arrived so quickly, and that about 10 days before it arrived I received a letter via snail mail saying that I should be expecting my piece within a short while. It was well packed and in perfect condition. Great service.

I've attended auctions on previous cruises but this was the 1st time I made a purchase, so I thought perhaps others out there have also been leery and may enjoy knowing of my own experience. I'm just as pleased looking at it now as I was when I had drank 4 glasses of champagne and bid on it in January!!! :D

(Now, if only I'd had the big $$ to bid on that Renoir that I oooooh'd and aaaaah'd about. The couple sitting right next to me paid some big bucks for it and are now probably looking at that in their living room even as I type this! But, I'm still definitely pleased with my smaller purchase.) :)

We have made several purchases on board ships. The service we received was just as you described, the best purchase was on the Voyager of the Sea, a mystery bid of nominal proportion which netted us a great Kincaide, which is hanging above my head as I type.:D

For a different experience, check out the current Carnival thread - this woman bid on and won a framed piece of art - turns out in may have been an original, rather than a print - but they sold it to her, she took it back to her cabin, (paid for), and now they seem to want it back. Park something is the vendor.

(Fascinating thread.)

Archived