EZ Air nightmare - help!

Lobstermobster

2 minutes ago, Jessejo said:

I should be able to select my seat if I can access my booking - thru my ticket number.  Princess is supposed to issue my ticket according to AA.

Furthermore, you can change your flight online through EZAir website however, you first must cancel your flight and rebook. The price will also change. You have up to 45 days to do this. Princess provide the booking confirmation number when book your flight. Refer to your Princess online account. 

3 minutes ago, Jessejo said:

I should be able to select my seat if I can access my booking - thru my ticket number.  Princess is supposed to issue my ticket according to AA.

This does not make sense.  I have only ever seen the confirmation code on the Princess site.  I also have never looked up a flight on any airline website using a “ticket #” only the confirmation code. The ticket number will show on the airline site once my flight was accessed but I’ve never had to use it for anything.

When you are on the AA site to look up your flight, what info does it ask for?  

• Like 1

Well either my chat last week worked after all or it's just that we are at the 30 day point.  Whatever the reason I now see an ticket number on the Princess website.  So relieved that I don't have to make another phone call to get this resolved.  Now will watch the United website like a hawk for any changes and will contact them if necessary.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Well either my chat last week worked after all or it's just that we are at the 30 day point.  Whatever the reason I now see an ticket number on the Princess website.  So relieved that I don't have to make another phone call to get this resolved.  Now will watch the United website like a hawk for any changes and will contact them if necessary.

You will have to contact Princess for any changes provided Princess has updated there flight change. 

Edited by DHP1

Just now, DHP1 said:

Furthermore, you can change your flight online through EZAir website however, you first must cancel your flight and rebook. The price will also change. You have up to 45 days to do this. Princess provide the booking confirmation number when book your flight. Refer to your Princess online account. 

I know.  I got a good price by booking early, Princess should pay when the cruise is fully paid!  I have no problem accessing my flight info.  The 45 days are useless - unless Princess pays for the flight before the 45 day deadline - they wouldn’t!   I could have changed my flight then.  And my flight is in 37 days.  I cannot change thru EZAir online UNLESS I have an AA ticket number!!

• Like 1

Just now, DHP1 said:

You will have to contact Princess for any changes. 

After the airline has been paid and the ticket has been issued you can deal with the airlines directly.  I have had to do that in the past.  You can deal with Princess if you want depending on the issue.

1 minute ago, Jessejo said:

I know.  I got a good price by booking early, Princess should pay when the cruise is fully paid!  I have no problem accessing my flight info.  The 45 days are useless - unless Princess pays for the flight before the 45 day deadline - they wouldn’t!   I could have changed my flight then.  And my flight is in 37 days.  I cannot change thru EZAir online UNLESS I have an AA ticket number!!

Yes you can change your flight. 

3 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

After the airline has been paid and the ticket has been issued you can deal with the airlines directly.  I have had to do that in the past.  You can deal with Princess if you want depending on the issue.

Thanks. I didn’t know that. I will assume the airline will charge you for a flight change. 

Edited by DHP1

10 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

This does not make sense.  I have only ever seen the confirmation code on the Princess site.  I also have never looked up a flight on any airline website using a “ticket #” only the confirmation code. The ticket number will show on the airline site once my flight was accessed but I’ve never had to use it for anything.

When you are on the AA site to look up your flight, what info does it ask for?  

The AA website - when using my confirmation code - says I must have a ticket number and it must be issued by my “travel agent” - Princess!

7 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I’m waiting for the ticket to be issued…

1 minute ago, Jessejo said:

Go to to your online account for that cruise and select Print Summary. Your ticket number will be there. 

5 minutes ago, Jessejo said:

I received my ticket number 3 days after I booked my flight. My flight is in the Fall. The ticket number is indicated in your Travel Summary. 

Edited by DHP1

1 minute ago, DHP1 said:

Go to to your online account for that cruise and select Print Summary. Your ticket number will be there. 

I’ve been on hold with Princess for 2 hours now.  Before I was put on hold for the second time I asked for a new summary, they sent it, it does not show a ticket!
I know about changing online and that I’d pay the current rate which is a over $1,000.  I trusted EZAir to allow me to make changes before the 45 day deadline. They’ve lost my trust, and business.

25 minutes ago, Jessejo said:

When do they issue the tickets? I am in a similar situation - booked with AA - although my cruise is not until December 2022. When I look at my AA account online it asks me to pay for the ticket. No ticket has been issued.  What happens if you pay for the ticket through AA? Would Princess EZAir refund you? 

Just now, HBCcruiser said:

When do they issue the tickets? I am in a similar situation - booked with AA - although my cruise is not until December 2022. When I look at my AA account online it asks me to pay for the ticket. No ticket has been issued.  What happens if you pay for the ticket through AA? Would Princess EZAir refund you? 

You may have to pay current price!  

We fly Delta on May 29.  Went to Delta website to check flight and our confirmation number does not exist.  Chatted with Delta and they said the same and that I would have to work with my "travel agent" as another poster said.  Princess booked the flight, so I don't have a TA.  Our travel summary still says the conf. number that does not work and no ticket number.  I clicked on the "Add or Modify Flight" tab and got this.

ERROR.thumb.PNG.cb45941b4e176f027d81d5b9c3788cff.PNG

My question is how long do I just sit on this and hope it gets updated "shortly"?  (It's been like this for a week or so.)  Or do I need to get on the phone?  I hate sitting on hold and not getting answers...

59 minutes ago, Jessejo said:

There is an online way to get it ticketed "early", that is, if there isn't a schedule mismatch (which I had for roughly 2 months).  When on the Travel page in the cruise personalizer, select add / modify flights.  If there isn't an issue with your reservation, you should see a button that says request early ticketing.  Click that and Princess should issue the ticket within a couple of days.  And if ticketing has already occurred, you should have a button that shows something like view eticket number which will show the ticket numbers after they have been issued.  And those ticket numbers will appear on the Travel Summary within a day or two of the ticket issuance.

Edited by azbirdmom

24 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

If you booked Flexible air with Princess, they don't pay the airlines until 30 to 45 days prior to embarkation.  So the ticket isn't issued until then.  I'm assuming if you have flexible air you haven't paid Princess yet?  If that's the case you can cancel it anytime before the final payment date.  Actually after that and you've paid it you can cancel up to 45 days prior to the flight and get a refund too.  If you booked restricted air through Princess, you are pretty much stuck with it but you may be able to get something back if you cancel depending on the airline terms.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Gramma of Boys said:

We fly Delta on May 29.  Went to Delta website to check flight and our confirmation number does not exist.  Chatted with Delta and they said the same and that I would have to work with my "travel agent" as another poster said.  Princess booked the flight, so I don't have a TA.  Our travel summary still says the conf. number that does not work and no ticket number.  I clicked on the "Add or Modify Flight" tab and got this.

My question is how long do I just sit on this and hope it gets updated "shortly"?  (It's been like this for a week or so.)  Or do I need to get on the phone?  I hate sitting on hold and not getting answers...

Your flight is two days after mine and our mess was straightened out yesterday.  So I would give it another day or two and then contact Princess if it isn't straightened out.  At least with mine United still had the reservation on their system, it was only Princess that was out of whack.

To HBCruiser:  my son and I were going to fly together.  He would have met me in my hometown to start our trip from here.  He discovered that AA had a direct flight to DFW from his hometown.  I was able to change his booking in January - meet in Dallas and fly to London together.  I booked us seats together in Premium Economy.  After the change AA showed him booked in economy and they moved me from my window seat!  I tried for weeks to get us changed back.  I spent many many hours on hold and getting cut off, getting stupid answers and lies and talking to foreigners and people in their homes, and my registered letter to Princess Hq went unanswered.  I could not do it!  We were both frustrated (I still am).  He booked flights directly with Delta so I cancelled his EZAir reservation and asked to have his fare refunded to the original credit card. It was done within two days.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gramma of Boys said:

Same message that started me down the rabbit hole of calls and panicked discussions - our cruise is next week. Still, our only resolution came from putting in the time on a series of call and being super assertive and letting them know we wanted to speak to the EZ Air booking team. You have a bit more time, but at some point, I'd pick up that phone. Good luck!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

If you booked Flexible air with Princess, they don't pay the airlines until 30 to 45 days prior to embarkation.  So the ticket isn't issued until then.

Correct, I have the flex air. I am just going to wait until the 30/45 day mark. Hopefully things will go smoothly. I will keep checking the AA site though! Thx.