Vaccine Name Change?

MBP1

Checking in for our upcoming cruise we realized my wife's vax card has her maiden name on it and since then she has taken my last name. Has anyone run into this issue before? I talked to customer service this morning and the rep was trying to dig into this for me since its a unique situation and wasn't able to find anything, but then called got disconnected and they didn't call back. Any other time we've had an issue with stuff showing her old last name a copy of the our marriage license has been sufficient. I'm wonder if any other newlyweds have had this kind of issue. 

In the UK my proof of vaccination is a 2 page PDF. I was able to upload 2 images, one of each page so I assume you could upload one of the vaccination card and one of your marriage certificate. Otherwise just show them at the pier when you board.

13 hours ago, MBP1 said:

Checking in for our upcoming cruise we realized my wife's vax card has her maiden name on it and since then she has taken my last name. Has anyone run into this issue before? I talked to customer service this morning and the rep was trying to dig into this for me since its a unique situation and wasn't able to find anything, but then called got disconnected and they didn't call back. Any other time we've had an issue with stuff showing her old last name a copy of the our marriage license has been sufficient. I'm wonder if any other newlyweds have had this kind of 

The name on passport, vaccination and cruise booking simply need to match.  If the covid vaccination does not simply take the old card and 2 forms of ID to your county health department and ask for a corrected vaccination card.  That works in AZ.  Am sure TX has something  similar 

21 hours ago, MBP1 said:

Checking in for our upcoming cruise we realized my wife's vax card has her maiden name on it and since then she has taken my last name. Has anyone run into this issue before? I talked to customer service this morning and the rep was trying to dig into this for me since its a unique situation and wasn't able to find anything, but then called got disconnected and they didn't call back. Any other time we've had an issue with stuff showing her old last name a copy of the our marriage license has been sufficient. I'm wonder if any other newlyweds have had this kind of issue. 

Has she changed her social security ard, passport, credit cards, driver license since getting married. If it is recent, do any of those still have her maiden name?  I am sure the marriage certificate will help a lot.  This must happen all the time give that you may have a vax card that is a year old.

In order to prevent this from being a continuing problem, you can go back to where you received your vaccines and see if they will transcribe the data and issue a new card in her married name.

The name change is complete so she has a new passport, drivers license and other stuff. I may try reaching out to Celebrity again to get more info and also reach our the pharmacy that made the card to see if she can get an updated one. 

14 minutes ago, MBP1 said:

The name change is complete so she has a new passport, drivers license and other stuff. I may try reaching out to Celebrity again to get more info and also reach our the pharmacy that made the card to see if she can get an updated one. 

My experience is that the old passport is returned along with the new one.  Bring the old one.  Between that as a 'photo ID' and a copy of the marriage cert, there should be no issue.  I'm sure that Celebrity understands that getting a vax certificate changed is nearly impossible.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

My experience is that the old passport is returned along with the new one.  Bring the old one.  Between that as a 'photo ID' and a copy of the marriage cert, there should be no issue.  I'm sure that Celebrity understands that getting a vax certificate changed is nearly impossible.

At least near me, the Walgreens I was vaccinated at has no issue making a name change and giving a new one. Also, I had my original laminated, so when I got a booster, they gave me a new one with all three vaccinations on it (and destroyed the first one).  However, that's a good pint about the old and new passports. With that, I would not be concerned at all. Bring a wedding picture!

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Getting a vax card replaced or a name changed is easy.  Go in person to where you were vaccinated if possible with marriage certificate and 2 forms of ID.  If that is not possible call your county or state health department.  They can direct you exactly what the requirements are where you live.   Any of the 3 can reissue you covid certificate. 

Do get it changed as Canada will not accept the ArriveCAN if names do not match.

28 minutes ago, canderson said:

@Guppy99

@Arizona Wildcat

I think all of that presumes that the same outfit did both shots and the booster(s).

Many of us received our several shots from different retail/hospital/doctor locations.

Nope.  Our county and state health departments can handle it with one stop.  Many states maintain central records as do health insurers.  I lost my card.  Got it replaced in 1 week.  My vaccinations were at a state operated mass vaccination site, a local hospital and a grocery in different towns/states!  They used my health insurance and social security number to recover the data.

The OP has her data.  Any health department can assist her.  Easy.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

Colorado maintains full records as well (online, no less) but does not include the lot numbers which are also supposed to be included on the card.  What Colorado will supply (on a web page) is a full list of every vaccination you've ever had recorded by the state. 

"The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment is not able to provide replacement physical (paper) COVID-19 immunization cards."

Anyway, the OP should have no trouble with the documentation already available for the cruise.

Just in case anyone searches for this in the future. We were able to get this resolved in TX by going to a location of the pharmacy that gave the vax, they provided a new card with her new last name and updated her name in the database, very easy. 

25 minutes ago, MBP1 said:

Just in case anyone searches for this in the future. We were able to get this resolved in TX by going to a location of the pharmacy that gave the vax, they provided a new card with her new last name and updated her name in the database, very easy. 

How would this would have been managed in TX if the shots/booster(s) had been given by different providers?  

28 minutes ago, canderson said:

How would this would have been managed in TX if the shots/booster(s) had been given by different providers?  

I'm not exactly sure, but my guess would be to go to the most recent place you got a shot. All of the places giving the shots should be able to pull records from the state database. 

8 hours ago, MBP1 said:

I'm not exactly sure, but my guess would be to go to the most recent place you got a shot. All of the places giving the shots should be able to pull records from the state database. 

Pretty sure that is correct for most, if not all, states.  They have not only what shot you got, when, and where but the lot number as well..  

I would not worry.  The vaccination card would have your wife's first name and her birth date which would match up with all of her other ID (passport, DL, etc).  If the person checking the vaccination card has a question, a supervisor will be called over, hear the 'just married' explanation, and approve it.  Remember, most of the folks working at the cruse line terminal are women, they understand about name changes after marriage.