Booking Future Cruises Onboard - Advantages

ssawjo

This may have been already covered in another thread but I could not locate it.  Anyway, we are looking at booking two cruises in 2024 while onboard the Insignia in August 2022.  I was wondering if there was any perks/advantages to doing so.  

Thanks,

Bill

lower deposit  $250 PP

Maybe a discount on your cruise

$100 OBC

they supposedly guarantee the price if changed before  sailing  BUT  your cat has to still have availability  to get the deal

I am sure others will have more info on the deal

the only advantage is  you get a specific cabin or cruise you think is critical....and $100 OBC on board

Thats the positive.

The negative as I see it   1.  your buying from the company store... no incentive to give you a deal to sell you in the excitement ofbeing on a cruise clouds  your thinking    Your a salesmans dream,..you coming to them.    2.  By booking direct and even transferring to an agent you have already played your cards so to speak and  your agent will little or no leverage  to get perks from O.  #3.    You may have lost whatever specials  O is giving agents and He will be unable to discount/ rebate much or anything.

Me....I do not  get seduced by the crummy $100.    ...( $50 ea)  as  starting wit a good agent  who can deal with his represenative for all sorts of stuff   O will never offer a direct sale.     

Case in point  I once tried booking direct  and asked for something extra.... like more OBC or Grats.   and the O agent flatly said "   If you want that stuff... go talk to a travel Agent"       In other woeds , its our way of the freeway  ...... Oe as W.C Fields said  " Never give a sucker an even break"

Basor is absolutely correct. We can book on board and immediately transfer to our TA who is one of the top 20 recognized Oceania TAs. We get all the discounts and rebates and our initial deposit holding the cruise is significantly less…plus we get extra cruise credits to spend on the current cruise.

• Like 2

On the last cruise(Riviera in Jan) I asked for the credit (which was $250) for  a cruise I had already booked in Sept.   They gave me the credit.  So well worth checking into whatever your situation may be.

• Like 1

We have taken advantage of this onboard offer. As we were not sure which cruise to take, we opted to purchase a Future Cruise Deposit Certificate at a cost of $900.00 CDN which enabled us to book a cruise within the year using this deposit and were permitted a one-time change once booked. Included was a savings of $550 US towards our future cruise which was provided once we selected/booked our cruise for a Concierge cabin of 10-19 days in duration (amount varied depending upon cabin and length of sailing).  A SBC of $300.00 US was applied immediately and they notified our TA of the booking who, in turn took care of our future booking etc. (O had the TA contact info on our current booking).

• Like 2