Dinner table for 2

kroach34

If you can't get a table for the two of you, don't despair! Sometimes the people you are seated with are a hoot! We've always been really happy with our tablemates and had loads of fun. (Granted, we're not on our honeymoon, we've been together sometime,and know each other well, so being alone isn't as important to us as it may be to you two.) If you can't bear being with others and can't get a table to yourselves, there's always room service or the windjammer (buffet, not my 1st choice). You'll have plenty of "alone" time!

Your TA may be able to request it but you will be assigned to a table for 4, which is the minimum they can pre-assign you to. However, as soon as you board, and settle down a bit go to the concierge (sp) at the dining room you were assigned to. Ask him if you can be assigned a table for two. He will most likely say that they will try their best to accomodate you,but no confrimation.

If you do choose to have dinner that night in the main dining room, you will be seated at a random table. The next day a card will be delivered to your room with your new table # showing it is indeed a table for two.

We did the exact thing on our honeymoon and got our table for two. :)

Here's the skinny. You can request whatever table arrangement you would like. RCI will not guarantee it. Period (except for RS and Diamond Plus I suppose). RCI can certainly assign you to a table for 2--they have them; they assign them. (I don't know why it would be assumed that a table for 4 is the minimum you would be assigned to.) The minimum that RCI lists on their bookings is "small" table for 4, so that may be the confusion.

You can opt for a "small" table with an additional request for a table for 2. Just be aware that the fact that it's a honeymoon may not get you anywhere. Many cruises have, literally, hundreds of honeymooning couples--they cannot accomodate everyone (not for any reason).

As for the notion that you should go for a large table. Well, some people love sitting with strangers and meeting new people. Some of those folks assume that we all should enjoy that. We don't and do not apologize for preferring to sit with just us or with thatever family members we are travelling with. (I don't sit with strangers at a restaurant on land; I shouldn't be expected to enjoy doing so on a cruise. JMHO, of course.)

You need to request a table for 2 on your booking. Then, check your table once you are onboard. If it's not what you want, you can again request (not insist, not demand) a change. Sometimes it can be accomodated; sometimes not.

And have a wonderful cruise.

beachchick

On our honeymoon cruise, there were 750 (not kidding) honeymoon couples onboard, so a table for 2 was virtually impossible to get. We ended up at a table with 3 other honeymooning couples, and we had a blast! Did some shore excursions together, spent a lot of time at the bars together, and made some great new friends.

Request it when you make your booking. Our TA requested it for us. When we boarded the ship, we checked with customer service (can't remember what they called them specifically) and they confirmed the size of our table was for 2. It was great. We've requsted a table for 2 our next cruise. Hopfully we'll get that, too.

My wife and I are celebrating our 10 year anniversary on the Mariner on May 14. We've requested a table for 2 with our Travel Agent. She let us know that nothing is guaranteed and suggested we visit the dining room as soon as we board to follow up on the request. This is our 5th cruise and we've sat with groups and at a small 4-seat table with friends, and we enjoy the privacy. Nothing against meeting new people, but we enjoy our time together at dinner.

H(I don't know why it would be assumed that a table for 4 is the minimum you would be assigned to.)

Just like jason976, my TA also let us know that the table for two request is not guaranteed beforehand. Of course we did get the table for two as but it was never confirmed before hand,we had to see the maitre'd upon boarding the ship.

We usually travel with another couple. When they had to change their plans at the last minute, we were concerned about the table. We asked our TA to try to get us a table for two or a large table. We really didn't want our original table for four. When we boarded the ship, we went to the dining room and voila! our table for two. It is really special to have a TA who works so hard for us.

It can't hurt to ask!

--Judy

Yes, our TA had told us that our table for 2 was not guaranteed either. When our final docs came it said on it something about if you did not get your dining request it would be noted on there. We had nothing noted. When we got our Seapass cards upon boarding our table # was on it. I just went to the front desk (next to the excursion desk on the Jewel) and asked how big our table was. I was informed that we'd gotten a table for 2. Like Jason, it's not that we are anti-social, we just enjoy our alone time and would like to dine alone.

My mom & I asked our TA on our NOS cruise and got one. We also asked the Loyalty Amb when we booked onboard so we will see.

Be adivsed though, the tables for 2 are not always in great locations...they stick them whereever there is space. May not be a biggie for some, but others may not want to sit right next to a service station.

I will be on my honeymoon on the May 7 sailing of the Mariner and we have requested a table for two with our travel agent as well. They said it probably would not be a problem, but we will definately check upon arriving. I we were to not get the table for two, I think I would rather end up at a large table instead of a table for four. It could be awkward with just one other couple if your personalities clashed.

megr1125 - that's exactly where our table for 2 was on the Jewel - right net to the glass of the service station. It was fine though as we could watch our waiter carry all the meals from the kitchen. We always knew when our food was coming.

I had a table for two on my Navigator honeymoon. We didnt use a TA to book cruise, so it was up to us to get it when we got on board. We went straight to dining room, got in line for dining changes, and were lucky enough to get table for 2. It wasnt AT window, but close to one. I liked the location.

The trick is beating all other couples requesting table for 2 to dining room for changes. We were in line by 1130 AM. Waited an hour, but well worth it to get that table.

I know its nice to meet new people at dinner, but for your honeymoon, try to get that table for 2. It will be one of best decisions you make on cruise. Happy Honeymoon!!!!

Archived