Move Up Timing

moneeman

We are booking the Apex Iceland/Ireland itinerary departing in about 60 days.  Will this be too late to have an opportunity to bid on a Move Up?  I looked through the pinned Move Up thread, and many were posting for cruises 3 or 4 months out.  I'm sure the timing of when Celebrity sends this out varies depending on how full the ship is, but just wondered if there was an idea of how late Celebrity might send out a Move Up opportunity.  We are booking a SS, but interested in a CS or RS.  

Don’t wait for  the “ invite”.  Login and on the top left, click on the three lines.  All the way at the bottom, you will see MoveUp.  From reading here and my first time doing it, you must put in ALL your offers at once.  I only bid on AQ, and could go in later and change my bid, however, I could bid on anything else.  

No it is not too late.  Prior to the Panda I would say the typical time frame for bidding was less than four weeks.  I would consider the bidding opportunities two or three months in advance no typical, but it certainly seems very common.  I am not sure whether this is the exception or the new norm.

The bottom line is it would be unusual for Celebrity to stop acceptable bids 3 or 3

r weeks prior to a cruise IMO (Close bidding)

We are on the same cruise at about the same time. I usually don’t wait for a move up email to come. I check periodically and do one when they open. It appears that the move up bids begin a couple weeks ago for suites. The invitation went to junk mail, as did my bid confirmation. My dil and grandson are traveling with us in a inside cabin and I want to do a move up bid for them but they haven’t opened bidding up for their category yet. I guess they start at the top and work their way down on bids. That being said, you are definitely not too late.

We cruise on May 20 on Solstice to Alaska. We put a Move Up bid in a month ago. I check the status daily (the tab remains open on my computer). Today when I refreshed it, the "Modify/Cancel" button has disappeared! Many of the posters here have mentioned that this happened to them and then they were upgraded. Has it happened to you? Does it always mean the upgrade is coming or have some people not been upgraded even though the modify/cancel button was gone? TIA - I don't want to get my hopes up and then dashed! 

36 minutes ago, pisces223 said:

We cruise on May 20 on Solstice to Alaska. We put a Move Up bid in a month ago. I check the status daily (the tab remains open on my computer). Today when I refreshed it, the "Modify/Cancel" button has disappeared! Many of the posters here have mentioned that this happened to them and then they were upgraded. Has it happened to you? Does it always mean the upgrade is coming or have some people not been upgraded even though the modify/cancel button was gone? TIA - I don't want to get my hopes up and then dashed! 

I would wait until you get notification on your phone that your credit card has a charge from Celebrity before getting excited 😉😁