Free Drinks and Wifi Question

MsTabbyKats

I ask here only because I don't have confidence in the MSC reps!

If I book a cruise with the "Free Drinks and Wifi" promo:

The tips per drink are included with the daily service fee (unlike NCL where there's an additional charge for "free drinks" per day)

The wifi would allow me and my husband to each have 24/7 wifi on our phones.......

This is how I interpret it....this is what the rep confirmed....but, I'm looking for a catch....lol.

Yes, tips are included in the “free” drinks.  You can get drinks up to $9 per drink.  If the drink costs $12, you pay the whole $12, not the $3 difference.  

Yes, both of you will have 24/7 access to Wi-Fi.  Spotty at times.

3 hours ago, cruisers5 said:

Yes, tips are included in the “free” drinks.  You can get drinks up to $9 per drink.  If the drink costs $12, you pay the whole $12, not the $3 difference.  

Yes, both of you will have 24/7 access to Wi-Fi.  Spotty at times.

Just to be fully open, you will also incur a service charge (MSC's term, but essentially the 'tip' OP is referencing) of 15% on the full $12, so net is $13.80 in this example.

Edited by JAGR

• 9 months later...

I just booked a cruise via Expedia for first time on MSC and it included free drinks and wifi, however I don't see it listed on the receip and on the confirmation email under Promotions Free Drinks & Free Wifi it say 'Book now and receiving the following...'   

I called expedia and they said they do show it and to ignore the 'Book now and receive the following...'. 

Has anyone had any issues?  

2 hours ago, Prettyme said:

I just booked a cruise via Expedia for first time on MSC and it included free drinks and wifi, however I don't see it listed on the receip and on the confirmation email under Promotions Free Drinks & Free Wifi it say 'Book now and receiving the following...'   

I called expedia and they said they do show it and to ignore the 'Book now and receive the following...'. 

My booking even when I book through an agent always states that I have the Promo whether it be the Free Drinks & wifi or something else. 

I'm new to MSC. Our promotion is Free Easy Plus Beverage package for two and ONE device internet package. Would it be possible to "upgrade" to a 2 device plan once onboard ? Or would it be better for me to add another single device package online prior to sailing ?

We have had the above promo several times and have always been able to put Wi-Fi onto two devices.

MSC wording is as follows: “internet access for two devices.” This is found on Cruise Ticket you receive just prior to sailing after you check in on-line as well as similar wording on cruise confirmation you receive after booking your cruise.

Edited by cellfree

17 hours ago, dencord7 said:

does anyone know if you can upgrade to surf and stream, and just pay the difference between the two packages?

Being that you can upgrade from easy plus to premium dinks by just paying the difference, you should be able to do the same for the internet package. You’ll have to call to do it.

On 2/19/2023 at 1:31 PM, Prettyme said:

Its just the rate code you booked under-they will know...