Covid restrictions - which have been lifted and which remain?

Denarius

What is interesting though is that, whilst those joining SOA on 10 September should not be tested, those doing a back to back are being tested on the 3 mornings up to and including 10th September. So this should minimise the chance of someone on board passing covid on to a new arrival but Saga don't mind someone new passing it on to those already on board! I guess there is some logic here?

Edited by david05

Just now, david05 said:

What is interesting though is that, whilst those joining SOA on 10 September should not be tested, those doing a back to back are being tested on the 3 mornings up to and including 10th September. So this should minimise the chance of someone on board passing covid on to a new arrival but Saga don't mind someone new passing it on to those already on board! I guess there is some logic here?

We are on a back to back and earlier I stated our testing was 4 days. I don't know if this has been squashed as I'm off after 35 nights. This  topic is getting tiresome now with so much speculation. Swings and roundabouts and you cruise you take the risk. New format of cocktail parties have started. Crew will also stop being tested daily just monthly. I guess there will be moans about that ! 

11 minutes ago, JoJo1947 said:

We are on a back to back and earlier I stated our testing was 4 days. I don't know if this has been squashed as I'm off after 35 nights. This  topic is getting tiresome now with so much speculation. Swings and roundabouts and you cruise you take the risk. New format of cocktail parties have started. Crew will also stop being tested daily just monthly. I guess there will be moans about that ! 

Can't say I had noticed much speculation and I was and am grateful for the updates that have appeared here over the past few months.

Edited by david05
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, david05 said:

Can't say I had noticed much speculation and I was and am grateful for the updates that have appeared here over the past few months.

I agree. When I started this thread many moons ago my intention/hope was that it should record fact, not opinion or speculation. By and large that has been achieved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/9/2022 at 11:03 AM, david05 said:

Latest update. Following a review Saga has decided to no longer test back to back cruisers unless the following cruise is longer than 16 days. This is sensible and brings it in line with the policy for new arrivals.

I updated this a week ago 😀

Just now, david05 said:

I was updating for back to back cruisers as that policy only changed a few days ago 😀

Just now, david05 said:

I was updating for back to back

Just now, david05 said:

I was updating for back to back cruisers as that policy only changed a few days ago 😀

cruisers as that policy only changed a few days ago 😀

Yes I know. Just got off 😀 I forgot to mention that when I posted as we got the news before confirmed

53 minutes ago, FatBoy20 said:

Are they still serving you in the Grill Buffet?

Yes at least on SoA (you can however help yourself to tea, coffee etc from the coffee stations in the Grill, waiters will also get coffee etc for you during meal times). 

Edited by david05

• 2 months later...
54 minutes ago, david05 said:

Although it doesn't matter to us, I have just realised that there are still no dance teachers or dance hosts on board.

There were 2 dance teachers ( though no hosts) onboard Spirit of Discovery on our cruise in November 

33 minutes ago, ann141 said:

There were 2 dance teachers ( though no hosts) onboard Spirit of Discovery on our cruise in November 

We are on Adventure and perhaps they couldn't find any dance teachers who were happy to be away for 5 weeks over Christmas and the New Year. Breakfast buffet has reverted back to serve yourself this morning.

• Like 1