Scenic - outlets, USB chargers?, etc…

BellsRUs

We are leaving on our first Scenic cruise in 10 days and we have a few questions. What kind of outlets will there be? Do I need to bring US to Europe converters? Are there any USB charging outlets in the cabins? We are supposed to be on the Scenic Jade (🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻that the engines get repaired in time) if that makes a difference.

We haven’t yet received our documents. Is that normal? Our TA thinks they are running late because of the website issues that they had to deal with. We leave the US in 6 days, so I hope we get our documents soon!

We were told by Scenic that we could get a free transfer from our hotel in Budapest, and to our hotel in Amsterdam, even if we didn’t book the hotels through Scenic, as long as it is one of Scenic’s partner hotels, but they didn’t tell my husband which hotels are partner hotels. Does anyone know what the partner hotels would be?

We are trying to figure out what time we can board in Budapest. Does anyone know? I’m guessing a lot of this info will be in the documents, but since we don’t have any yet… 🤷🏼‍♀️

Thanks for any help you can give us…

Patti

1 hour ago, Canal archive said:

I’m surprised your TA isn’t on the case ask them to find out the hotels. You may receive your paperwork by email.

Thank you! Our TA doesn’t work Fridays or weekends, so hopefully we will hear something tomorrow…

The Scenic cruise brochure (link below) lists the partner hotel in Budapest as the Marriott and in Amsterdam the Double Tree by Hilton Centraal Station.

https://issuu.com/scenicus/docs/21_sc1301_erc_main_2022_digital_001-200_final?fr=sOTViYTIxNTE5NDg

(Our TA was able to reach Scenic a few months ago--before the hack on their IT system when it was easier--and obtain the hotel information for our itinerary.)

And from Scenic's FAQs (link below):  "Each Scenic river cruise ship is fitted with 220v European electricity outlets, but you will need a suitable European plug adaptor to use electrical items such as mobile phone chargers."

https://www.scenicusa.com/why-scenic/faqs/accommodation-questions

I also read somewhere that each cabin also has an Australian outlet.  I haven't seen anything about USB outlets.  If your device can run on 110 or 220v, you'll only need the adapter--U.S. female end and European male end.  Most cell phones, camera chargers, laptops, and similar are dual voltage now.  Hair dryers or curling irons are not--and need a special converter due to the power they draw.

Hope this helps!  We're scheduled to sail on Jade in June, so anxious to hear about her upcoming voyages.  As of today, the ship is still docked in Duisburg, Germany. 

5 hours ago, loriva said:

The Scenic cruise brochure (link below) lists the partner hotel in Budapest as the Marriott and in Amsterdam the Double Tree by Hilton Centraal Station.

https://issuu.com/scenicus/docs/21_sc1301_erc_main_2022_digital_001-200_final?fr=sOTViYTIxNTE5NDg

(Our TA was able to reach Scenic a few months ago--before the hack on their IT system when it was easier--and obtain the hotel information for our itinerary.)

And from Scenic's FAQs (link below):  "Each Scenic river cruise ship is fitted with 220v European electricity outlets, but you will need a suitable European plug adaptor to use electrical items such as mobile phone chargers."

https://www.scenicusa.com/why-scenic/faqs/accommodation-questions

I also read somewhere that each cabin also has an Australian outlet.  I haven't seen anything about USB outlets.  If your device can run on 110 or 220v, you'll only need the adapter--U.S. female end and European male end.  Most cell phones, camera chargers, laptops, and similar are dual voltage now.  Hair dryers or curling irons are not--and need a special converter due to the power they draw.

Hope this helps!  We're scheduled to sail on Jade in June, so anxious to hear about her upcoming voyages.  As of today, the ship is still docked in Duisburg, Germany. 

Thank you so much for this information! I missed the list of hotels in the brochure when I was looking through it earlier today. I did find the outlet question in the FAQ today. 
I will let you know how how cruise goes! 

• 4 weeks later...

We were surprised that even the Azure, which is the newest Scenic ship, there were no USB plugs! And all European outlets which wasn't too surprising.

Reception was able to lend us an extra converter. But ask early if you need one, as they run out!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Presuming we make our Scenic Rhine cruise next month, we bought an adapter (not converter--most of what we'd need to charge is dual voltage) that has a male European plug to go into the outlet on the wall and then two U.S. and two USB female inputs.  It looks like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YVMM483/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_5?smid=A15AM8MHT45F3Q&th=1

With the assorted adapter plugs we already had, we're hoping this will be enough to cover our devices.