Princess Premier Drink Package Query

I've never purchased an alcoholic drink package but with my upcoming Princess cruise (my first with them), I bought the Princess Plus fare which comes with the Premier Drink Package.  I understand the limits on alcohol drinks per day and that sharing is not permitted.  What happens when I want to "shout" someone a cold one at the point where I order a drink on my package?  Do I just order the drinks and tell the bartender that one is to be counted towards my drink and the other I just have charged to my onboard account? 

This is an Australian sailing out of BNE

Any help appreciated. 

Just now, plettza said:

I've never purchased an alcoholic drink package but with my upcoming Princess cruise (my first with them), I bought the Princess Plus fare which comes with the Premier Drink Package.  I understand the limits on alcohol drinks per day and that sharing is not permitted.  What happens when I want to "shout" someone a cold one at the point where I order a drink on my package?  Do I just order the drinks and tell the bartender that one is to be counted towards my drink and the other I just have charged to my onboard account? 

This is an Australian sailing out of BNE

Any help appreciated.

That sounds right - ask that one be counted towards your daily drinks limit and the other one charged. If the bartender chooses to count both of them against your drinks limit, who are you to complain?

27 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

That sounds right - ask that one be counted towards your daily drinks limit and the other one charged. If the bartender chooses to count both of them against your drinks limit, who are you to complain?

OK, thanks.  I just didn't want to find myself in a shout and find I've got no more drinks towards my daily 15 limit available.  I guess it wouldn't matter at the end of the day.

I understand with Carnival there's supposedly a hard limit of 15 alcoholic drinks and that you can't purchase anymore after that limit.  The Carnival drink package (Cheers!) only came in a few years ago and it didn't seem worth it to me.  That's my concern, I end up in a shout and then have no more drinks left over on my package and am not able to purchase anymore after that 15.

3 minutes ago, plettza said:

OK, thanks.  I just didn't want to find myself in a shout and find I've got no more drinks towards my daily 15 limit available.  I guess it wouldn't matter at the end of the day.

I understand with Carnival there's supposedly a hard limit of 15 alcoholic drinks and that you can't purchase anymore after that limit.  The Carnival drink package (Cheers!) only came in a few years ago and it didn't seem worth it to me.  That's my concern, I end up in a shout and then have no more drinks left over on my package and am not able to purchase anymore after that 15.

I haven't tried to purchase more drinks over the limit, so maybe the safest thing would be to ask the bartender.

7 hours ago, arxcards said:

They can't physically ring-up two drinks to a package at the same time, so they will even tell you one will be charged.

Can I specify which drink I pay for and which is rung up against my Premier drink package?  For example, I might want a scotch and the other person may just want a beer.  I'd rather pay for the cheaper drink and let the Premier drink package do the heavy lifting with the scotch.

Edited by plettza

9 minutes ago, plettza said:

Can I specify which drink I pay for and which is rung up against my Premier drink package? 

I can't see why you couldn't.  There's no rule that says "the package only applies for the cheapest drink you order at any one time.

Just give it a go and ask them, I'm sure the bar staff will be happy to accomodate however they can 🙂 

2 hours ago, plettza said:

Can I specify which drink I pay for and which is rung up against my Premier drink package?  For example, I might want a scotch and the other person may just want a beer.  I'd rather pay for the cheaper drink and let the Premier drink package do the heavy lifting with the scotch.

If you were drinking the dearer drink, no probs. I haven't really noticed, so I guess it depends on the staff if they take note of who is drinking what.