PLF for Malta

MX-Drew

Sorry if this has already been covered.

I'm due to cruise from Malta on Azura along with son and daughter-in-law and grandchildren, I have been handling all the "paperwork" and presently filling out the PLFs for Malta then it occured to me, do we need to fill out a PLF to enter Malta by air (outbound) and one to enter Malta by cruise ship one week later?

Is there anyone here who has been on this cruise? What did you do? 

15 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Sorry if this has already been covered.

I'm due to cruise from Malta on Azura along with son and daughter-in-law and grandchildren, I have been handling all the "paperwork" and presently filling out the PLFs for Malta then it occured to me, do we need to fill out a PLF to enter Malta by air (outbound) and one to enter Malta by cruise ship one week later?

Is there anyone here who has been on this cruise? What did you do? 

Looks as if you do at the moment, I would keep an eye on the official requirements as they are a bit of a movable feast.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/malta/entry-requirements

4 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Looks as if you do at the moment, I would keep an eye on the official requirements as they are a bit of a movable feast.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/malta/entry-requirements

Thanks for your opinion, and I have been follow the requirements but it is easier to fill to forms out and save them as drafts and not need them rather than panic at the last minute. 😂

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I filled out ours yesterday, to enter Malta (we fly out on Thursday), but hadn't thought about the return!

I have just run my TA and they have told me that if we do need one for the return P&O will inform us.🤞

That is interesting as P&O have told me precious little else.🤣

• Haha 1

According to The Times of Malta last week the Maltese government announced that some Covid restrictions including the PLF's will no longer be necessary from May 2nd. I would add that the Maltese entry requirement websites have not been updated with this information yet so best to play safe until they are. 

Watch: Masks off from May 2 as Malta lifts most COVID-19 measures (timesofmalta.com)

Edited by Junction2
missing link
  • Thanks 1

I'm flying into Malta on Thursday for a cruise on the Azura.

The first page of the PLF asks how we will be travelling.

Aircraft or cruise ship (other options are also there)

So yes, I'm travelling by aircraft and yes I'm going on a ship.

I'm unsure which one should be pressed.

A friend of our on the cruise had their PLF filled in by a travel agents. They pressed cruise but I still think that it should have  been aircraft and show the cruise as the temporary accommodation.

Can anyone help?

1 hour ago, Sam34jolly said:

I'm flying into Malta on Thursday for a cruise on the Azura.

The first page of the PLF asks how we will be travelling.

Aircraft or cruise ship (other options are also there)

So yes, I'm travelling by aircraft and yes I'm going on a ship.

I'm unsure which one should be pressed.

A friend of our on the cruise had their PLF filled in by a travel agents. They pressed cruise but I still think that it should have  been aircraft and show the cruise as the temporary accommodation.

Can anyone help?

I don't know for sure but I would agree with you.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 4:33 PM, Sam34jolly said:

I never thought about docking in Italy. Thanks

Don't need one for Italy now unless you are in Italy for 36 hours. The cruise we are on will be in Trieste much less than this. So we only need the Malta by Air one ( at time of press who knows by tomorrow!!!)

1 hour ago, latin princess said:

Don't need one for Italy now unless you are in Italy for 36 hours. The cruise we are on will be in Trieste much less than this. So we only need the Malta by Air one ( at time of press who knows by tomorrow!!!)

Typical, I filled one out on Sunday. Where did you see this?

On 4/25/2022 at 4:09 PM, Snow Hill said:

The Visit Malta website also indicates that PLF not required from 2 May, some adjustment to quarantine rules as well if you test positive.

https://www.visitmalta.com/en/info/new-covid-19-updates/

I have checked the EU Digital Passenger Locator Form website now that it is the 2nd May and it says the form is still required!

51 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

I have checked the EU Digital Passenger Locator Form website now that it is the 2nd May and it says the form is still required!

P&O  a-z destination guide still requires plf for both Malta and Italy too. Maybe they'll update later this week.

6 minutes ago, Pencil62 said:

P&O  a-z destination guide still requires plf for both Malta and Italy too. Maybe they'll update later this week.

Fingers crossed.

I didn't expect P&O to be up to date but the website for the form should be.

41 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Fingers crossed.

I didn't expect P&O to be up to date but the website for the form should be.

Govt websites are run by bureaucrats, and EU ones by 27 of them, so they are probably still waiting for a consensus.😉

Back from the cruise.

We needed the Malta Passenger Locator Form, although the authorities didn't seem to want to check those who were on the cruise. So that was 2 hours work wasted.

An Italian Locator Form on this cruise was not required as they have now decided that you not need one if you are visiting a intermediate port. So they will only be needed if the embarkment or disembarkment is from an Italian location.

1 hour ago, Sam34jolly said:

Back from the cruise.

We needed the Malta Passenger Locator Form, although the authorities didn't seem to want to check those who were on the cruise. So that was 2 hours work wasted.

An Italian Locator Form on this cruise was not required as they have now decided that you not need one if you are visiting a intermediate port. So they will only be needed if the embarkment or disembarkment is from an Italian location.

Just a quick question, did you fly on a chartered flight, as I was wondering if the routine at Malta is the same as Barbados, where you bypass customs and go straight to the ship from the airport. 

1 hour ago, Chippyminton said:

Just a quick question, did you fly on a chartered flight, as I was wondering if the routine at Malta is the same as Barbados, where you bypass customs and go straight to the ship from the airport. 

When doing the checkin today I noticed that it doesn’t matter what type of flight you arrive on to Malta, you have to pickup your luggage yourself from the carousel.

1 hour ago, Chippyminton said:

You don't bypass customs /border control. You have to get your passport stamped like every other visitor to Malta. You will also have to pick up your cases at the airport and drop them off (they got on the back of a truck and are taken to your cabin) when you board the coach to the ship.