Review from a young teen - Symphony of the Seas

On 4/26/2022 at 9:20 PM, topnole said:

A+.   

I didn’t see mention of the abyss slide?  Did I miss that or did you?

Here's the Abyss part:

For thrill-seekers, the ship boasts a zipline hovering above the boardwalk 9 levels below, as well as the Ultimate Abyss, plunging 10 stories onto the same boardwalk. If I’m going to be honest, I’m a scaredy-cat. I never rode an actual roller coaster until my sister dragged me to the Electric Eel in San Diego, and I haven’t ridden a large zipline since I hit my head on one and got staples. For the zipline, I’m usually scared of heights, and had just made myself go rock climbing the previous day. However, on the zipline, as I stepped into the open air on my harness and started moving forward, it didn’t feel bad at all. It’s so slow that it’s almost lame. Ultimate Abyss is fun–I rode it twice with my sister and twice with my mom–but if you’re looking for something to really get your blood pumping, I’d say neither the zipline or the Ultimate Abyss is it. Sure, there are parts that go fast and are pretty fun, but if you’re a thrill seeker, don’t have high hopes for them. Otherwise, if you’re a casual like me, you can enjoy these rides without fear.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hollon said:

Did they have iSkate 2.0 where they do tricks and do their own skating, not the one with the story line?  Thanks for the review.  Maybe you could be a journalist or travel blog person, etc. 

No. The ice rink was not open to the public. They said it's a covid policy yet to be reversed. The bigger disappointment was that laser tag was not open either.

6 hours ago, jennyumaa said:

No. The ice rink was not open to the public. They said it's a covid policy yet to be reversed. The bigger disappointment was that laser tag was not open either.

iSkate 2.0 is a "show"?  No laser tag, that's disappointed. 

19 hours ago, jennyumaa said:

Oh yes, that one. It’s the first show we went to. We liked it, but not as much as 1977. 

Do they have one called iSkate and is 1977 a skating show as well?  Thanks for all your help 

On 4/27/2022 at 9:46 AM, jennyumaa said:

I showed him your comment. He said: "Yeah I know. My writing becomes plain. That's what middle school literature class does to you..."

I didn't mean his 8th grade review was plain! I meant I was incredibly impressed with both. It's hard to believe that someone that age wrote either of those reviews. (I have a 4th grader - I know of which I speak...)

jennyumaa - Great review! Thank you for taking the time to do this. It's what makes being on CC forums worth the time. We will be on Symphony in October (we are all "grown-ups" but kids at heart), and will use all of your information. Thank you for such great detail and for your enthusiasm!

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 2:24 PM, avw3 said:

jennyumaa - Great review! Thank you for taking the time to do this. It's what makes being on CC forums worth the time. We will be on Symphony in October (we are all "grown-ups" but kids at heart), and will use all of your information. Thank you for such great detail and for your enthusiasm!

Happy to answer any questions about Symphony. 

what was the logic behind not opening the ice skating rink due to Covid? I mean if you're gonna slap 5000 guests onto a ship that seems riskier than a group of guests ice skating around in circles

9 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Nice review.  What broadway show was available on the sailing?

No Broadway show on our spring break sailing. It's supposed to be Hairspray. 

Also, the aqua show Hiro had no divers, which was supposed to be the highlight of that show.

7 minutes ago, jennyumaa said:

No Broadway show on our spring break sailing. It's supposed to be Hairspray. 

Also, the aqua show Hiro had no divers, which was supposed to be the highlight of that show.

Sorry you missed Hairspray.  We saw on another RCI ship, maybe it was the Oasis, and it was excellent.