Not so Live from the Zuiderdam - 5 Day Pacific Coastal April 22nd - San Diego to Vancouver

zgscl

1 hour ago, zgscl said:

The cabanas are great. I am on the fence for my Caribbean/Panama Canal Sunfarer in November. I think the family or one of the aft facing ones might be better than a side view for the better air flow. It is so nice to have the outdoor space (even if you have your own balcony). And the service is great. Never have to go to the Lido, they will go for you and bring it all to you in the retreat. 

We’ve never had a cabana and now I wish I had rented one when we did the Caribbean cruise with our son and daughter in law.  Just didn’t think about it.   My husband is frugal (which is why I booked everything, lol) so he’d probably not be happy in a cabana-maybe I need a girls trip!

• Like 2

I have that passion fruit yougart almost every day for breakfast.  I like it better with more granola.  I wish they leave out the chia because seeds can be dicey for me.  Sometimes they’ve even been in a frozen layer for some odd reason.  Clearly they are made ahead but it is still good. If you go to Canaletto you should definitely try the Nutella chocolate tart.  It’s fabulous.  I don’t have to ask for it.  One of the waitresses joked with me that it’s my standing order.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, canadianbear said:

We’ve never had a cabana and now I wish I had rented one when we did the Caribbean cruise with our son and daughter in law.  Just didn’t think about it.   My husband is frugal (which is why I booked everything, lol) so he’d probably not be happy in a cabana-maybe I need a girls trip!

I am sure a girl's trip would be a great idea! More cruises are always better than less cruises. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I have that passion fruit yougart almost every day for breakfast.  I like it better with more granola.  I wish they leave out the chia because seeds can be dicey for me.  Sometimes they’ve even been in a frozen layer for some odd reason.  Clearly they are made ahead but it is still good. If you go to Canaletto you should definitely try the Nutella chocolate tart.  It’s fabulous.  I don’t have to ask for it.  One of the waitresses joked with me that it’s my standing order.  

Oh thank you so much for the tip, I will have to try that next time!! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zgscl said:

I am headed to the Eurodam in July and hoping they are as consistent as her sister. Everything was impeccable on Nieuw Amsterdam. Koningsdam was also excellent except for the crab risotto which I think might have been wrong but much better on NA

And we're headed to the Eurodam for the last AK cruise the first week of Oct. and then staying on for the Panama Canal cruise to Fort Lauderdale.  We hope the Euro. is as impeccable, and the food as delicious and consistent, as the NA was last fall.  (thanks NA Exec. Chef Bitta). 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cate1 said:

Thanks lived cruise through your posts, since I was in imposed isolation on ship due to COVID . 
Would not suggest anyone bring family like teens or children on a cruise at this time .

Isolation experience is horrid , from a triple vaccinated healthy health care professionals perspective.

roll of dice… who gets COVID…

I'm so sorry you had to isolate; I think your suggestion to not bring teens/children, or I would add very-dependent adults for whom you are a caretaker, on a cruise at this time is wise advice.

• Like 1