Antigen Test for Embarking in Southampton UK

jaz33

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered but I haven’t been able to find it on the forum. 

we will be on Silhouette out of Southampton on 14 May. I know that we will need a negative antigen (lateral flow) test taken no later than 2 days before boarding. What I’m unable to find out is whether the test needs to be supervised or whether it can be taken at home and the results sent to the provider via an app. This is obviously not supervised but is linked to us via passport and logging in to the app.  The unsupervised test is obviously a fair bit cheaper than the supervised test. 

Has anyone from the U.K. had any experience with the type of test accepted by Celebrity with a Southampton departure?

Thanks in advance

Ian

8 hours ago, cnktodhunter said:

We're on the same sailing and have gone with the supervised tests from Qured. They're £29 each but there's a discount code from BA which is BATRAVEL20

Ordered from them also. Now price is reduced to £18.40 with code. 

• Like 1

We boarded the Beyond yesterday in Southampton. We got our antigen tests done on Tuesday at a Lloyds pharmacy near our home, took 30 minutes and you get a paper certificate showing your result. We showed this to check-in staff and had no difficulty at all. 
Cost of the test was £29.99 which you pay at the appointment itself (ie you don’t need to pay in advance). 

The Beyond is a beautiful ship, but service levels aren’t up to Silhouette standard just yet! Teething problems I expect. 

49 minutes ago, NeroliGirl said:

but service levels aren’t up to Silhouette standard just yet! Teething problems I expect. 

Service levels were notably different on Silhouette, the first sailing after TA.

Some staff had changed in Southampton:

a) end of contract

b) staff being transferred to Beyond.

Give it time for the staff to settle in. They will obviously be finding their way round.

Hello,

So there I was, sat at a table beside the Mast Grill on the Eclipse in Southampton.

Behind me a telephone conversation was taking place.

"Where are you - you're late". <Pause>

"What do you mean you can't find me - I said the Mast Grill?" <Pause>

"What do you mean you don't know where it is? Deck 14 towards the front"

I turned around and said to Jo Rzymowska "It's a bit of a bad job when your own staff can't find their way around" to which she shook her head in disbelief.

Regards,

Cublet

Edited by cublet
sp
  • Like 1

Hello,

Quite a few years ago. It was one of the dreadful bank holiday 3 night 'party' cruises that started life as a Travel Agent Promo cruise but was opened to the masses.The TAs seemed determined the drink the bars dry. Whether it was a TA or a paying punter, the toilet system was blocked twice by disposable knickers according to the maintenance team. I swore never to go on one again.

Regards,

Cublet