My experience calling NCL

gknep

Been on several NCL cruises and usually book online and have never had or used one of their PCCs. I had a Mexican Riviera cruise scheduled for early 2023 that we booked while on the Encore last fall. Long story short my brother and his wife want to cruise with us but live in Florida and are not really interested in another warm weather cruise. He says they would be much more interested in going to Alaska. No problem for us we live in Oregon and Seattle is only a 3 hour drive away. No flying is always a bonus. I do a courtesy hold so that I will have something to talk to the agent about when I call to cancel Mexico and move the money over to a September Alaska sailing instead. I call on Monday and sit on hold for 18 minutes before getting a live person (maybe I should get a PCC). The person I get on the phone is super nice but also very new at her job and did not know how to cancel and move my deposit to the new cruise without me having to wait a couple of days for the Cruise Next credits to show up on my account. I didn't want to risk losing the cabin I had made with the courtesy hold. She wanted to email her supervisor and see if they would extend the time on my hold. I suggested that I put a new posit down and when the credits showed up I would apply them before making final payment. Long story short it all worked out fine. Today (Wednesday) the credits showed up and I applied them to what I owed. I know that others have had nightmare experiences when calling NCL, but sometimes things do work out the way that you are told they will. It did help that I am an experienced cruiser and familiar with NCL's website, product, and policies so I knew that what I wanted done wasn't out of the question. I believe that the NCL phone representatives are probably all very overworked at this point and some are very new at their jobs. 

• Like 1

I have sailed over 15 times with NCL and have always booked online myself. Called NCL many times and just like @gknep had great service. I have had prices reduced, cruise certificates currency changed, restaurants booked and more without any hassle from NCL. And I don't have a PCC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaptainBazz said:

I have sailed over 15 times with NCL and have always booked online myself. Called NCL many times and just like @gknep had great service. I have had prices reduced, cruise certificates currency changed, restaurants booked and more without any hassle from NCL. And I don't have a PCC.

This has been my experience also.  I really think it depends on what time of day you call and the day of the week. I used to have a PCC but I don't think he is with the company anymore, post pandemic.