EZ Air Early Ticketing

Priszm

Hello.  I tried searching for the answer, but I think my search terms are too broad. I'm doing a cruise this summer and booked my outbound flight through EZ Air. I've never used this before. Final payment was due today.  Can someone advise what benefit there would be to requesting early ticketing? TIA

I did this a couple of times pre pandemic.  At that time, I needed to have a paid ticket to be able to upgrade seating.  I think that once the ticket it paid early, you aren't able to make changes to the flight without a charge.

That's my understanding too; if the tickets are paid early, there will be a fee if you need to change.  Usually Princess books the flights at about 45 days out. After that change fees will apply also.

We recently used Princess Air to fly to LA.  I did not use the early option.  I was still able to upgrade seats, once the tickets were purchased (exactly 45 days out) by Princess, but of course there is always a possibilty that the flight is full at that time and you can't upgrade. 

Doubtful, but possible.