Diamond & Platinum Boarding

CruiseHealing

13 minutes ago, CruiseHealing said:

I know that D&Ps can complete their docs 2 days before everyone else on the cruise.  But does Carnival pre-board D&Ps after suites? Also do they still provide a separate waiting area/lounge for D&Ps, like they did prepandemic?

No, you get a boarding group number that is assigned when you get your arrival appointment.  Once boarding starts, they call people by boarding numbers.  Earliest arrival appointments get lowest numbers 

9 hours ago, CruiseHealing said:

I know that D&Ps can complete their docs 2 days before everyone else on the cruise.  But does Carnival pre-board D&Ps after suites? Also do they still provide a separate waiting area/lounge for D&Ps, like they did prepandemic?

In Port Canaveral for the Magic, Diamonds do go upstairs along with Suites to await boarding all others including Platinum waited downstairs

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dbrucern said:

In Port Canaveral for the Magic, Diamonds do go upstairs along with Suites to await boarding all others including Platinum waited downstairs

That wasn't the case in any of the ports I've sailed out of, they had to sit with all of us commoners until their boarding group was called.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, groundloop said:

That wasn't the case in any of the ports I've sailed out of, they had to sit with all of us commoners until their boarding group was called.

So sorry but just off the Magic in March and this month and practice was the same. On this months cruise there was close to 600 Platinum guests so i can see Carnival changing the tiers once again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbrucern said:

So sorry but just off the Magic in March and this month and practice was the same. On this months cruise there was close to 600 Platinum guests so i can see Carnival changing the tiers once again

oops sorry for the double post, can't delete

Edited by LibratPDX

1 hour ago, dbrucern said:

I really wish there WAS a level between Platinum and Diamond!    Or current Platinum becomes Rose Gold?  Just kidding.....

On 4/28/2022 at 8:42 AM, dbrucern said:

Maybe it varies by cruise but in August, Platinum also went upstairs with suites and Diamond on our Magic cruise out of Port Canaveral. Or maybe it's just evolved over time.

23 hours ago, groundloop said:

It varies not only by ports but by terminals.  Magic @ terminal 6 and Mardi Gras @ terminal 3 were completely different.  No priority boarding or separate seating area for Diamond/Platinum cruisers for Mardi Gras.

25 minutes ago, cruisemom2 said:

Maybe it varies by cruise but in August, Platinum also went upstairs with suites and Diamond on our Magic cruise out of Port Canaveral. Or maybe it's just evolved over time.

It varies not only by ports but by terminals.  Magic @ terminal 6 and Mardi Gras @ terminal 3 were completely different.  No priority boarding or separate seating area for Diamond/Platinum cruisers for Mardi Gras.

Agreed, same for our Magic last October, we are Platinum and were sent up the escalator with Diamond and suites as we have on many others out of this terminal.

January cruise on Mardi Gras was different only suites were in a special waiting area (there is no upstairs), after they boarded it was by group number.  Note the Mardi Gras has its separate dock #5 I believe that only that ship uses.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Green4me said:

January cruise on Mardi Gras was different only suites were in a special waiting area (there is no upstairs), after they boarded it was by group number.  Note the Mardi Gras has its separate dock #5 I believe that only that ship uses.

Mardi Gras is at terminal 3 and Carnival Liberty is the only other ship that uses it as well.

On 4/28/2022 at 11:17 AM, groundloop said:

Same for us on DEC Glory out of NOLA and APR Dream out of Galveston (since restart).