Voyager's Club Changes

Morgsmom

On 4/28/2022 at 3:09 PM, alyssamma said:

I think the issue is that while this is technically a change, it is only a NEGATIVE change. If they took away X but gave Y I don't think people would be upset...but they only took away X.

I love the logic here!  Suns it up perfectly.

On 4/29/2022 at 7:30 PM, alyssamma said:

Places in the US are English and Spanish...there will be 7 or 8 languages for signs on MSC. Same for announcements. Don't see this on royal, carnival, etc.

Entertainment, like I said, is more visual. There won't be a comedian for example, or if there is it will be slapstick. Royal shows are normally 45 or 50min. Ditto for Carnival. Some royal shows are 2hrs long. Visual on MSC is, of course, because of the many languages. However, the shortened time I don't see on other lines.

On the seashore they have shows in the cabaret which are DEFINITELY European and you wouldn't see on most US lines (notable exception is Eden on Edge celebrity class ships).

Just the fact that you'll hear French, German, Italian, and a host of eastern European languages in the hallways gives a European vibe.

Same.with the way passengers dress. Def a more European flair which, since they are European makes sense 😀

Food is somewhat American but you'll see items on menus and in the buffet that are similar to European restaurants. The many pasta dishes, cured meats, breakfast foods, etc.

And lastly, no, I don't think other lines need approval from HQ. I've had many issues handled immediately when on other lines. With MSC almost always an EMAIL needs to be sent to Italy. 

Also throw in the handmade mozzarella they were doing on the Meravaglia, as well as Opera at sea, and I bet the styling on board their ships would make Enzo Ferrari extraordinarily happy!  True Italian panache with the decor.

• Like 1

I booked a future cruise onboard Seashore last week and the consultant said 5% + 5% discount plus $50obc plus double Voyager points. I looked at the paperwork emailed to me and I only got a 5% discount, $50obc and no mention of double points. Guess I got to call them and try to snag that extra 5%. It's not a lot but if I'm entitled, I want it.

• Like 1

Today I saw a new promotion (I think globally available) where Silver and above members get $50/€50 credit for NEW** bookings for 3 nights or more departing before Oct 30th.

Link:  https://www.msccruises.co.uk/cruise-deals/summer-discount-benefits

MSC VOYAGERS CLUB SUMMER 2022 OFFER

Terms & Conditions:

• Offer applies to MSC Voyagers Club Members and MSC Past Guests.
  • Voyagers Club Summer Offer is applicable to new bookings made between May 5, 2022, and June 30, 2022, on all summer departures until 10/30/22.
  • Offer not valid on cruises less than 3 Nights.
  • Guests will receive a standard 5% discount, $50 p.p. Onboard Credit (adults only), and 700 extra loyalty points prior to departure.
  • Offer not valid for Welcome Members. 
Insert your Voyagers Club number online or if booking by phone or travel advisor, provide the agent with your Voyagers Club number. 

** apologies in advance to the US customer service agents that now have to deal with a load of customers wanting to add this to their existing bookings.

On 4/30/2022 at 7:02 AM, morpheusofthesea said:

Quite elegant. One is immediately struck with the Diva's presence. Only a classless bumpkin could wear shorts to dinner while staying in this suite.

It is the Royal Suite on Divina.  Best on the ship, so I don't  get the complaints as she is the Godmother of the Divina.

Edited by phissy

5+5 on all cruises are nice, but I'll miss the 5+15 offers.  Value for money, YC at 5+15 is a bargain.  YC at 5+5 is only average.  At some YC fares MSC is charging now, I'd book something on Viking for not much more.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Selion said:

5+5 on all cruises are nice, but I'll miss the 5+15 offers.  Value for money, YC at 5+15 is a bargain.  YC at 5+5 is only average.  At some YC fares MSC is charging now, I'd book something on Viking for not much more.

Drinks and Excursions included on Viking.