Cancelling/transferring booking

ak1004

We are booked on SS cruise in November 2023 to Greece.

The issue is that late November might not be the best time for Greece, What happens if we cancel this cruise and transfer to another one? The reservation mentions $250 USD or $300 CAD per person cancellation fee, but some lines allow you to transfer that fee to another booking. What's SS policy regarding this?

32 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

We are booked on SS cruise in November 2023 to Greece.

The issue is that late November might not be the best time for Greece, What happens if we cancel this cruise and transfer to another one? The reservation mentions $250 USD or $300 CAD per person cancellation fee, but some lines allow you to transfer that fee to another booking. What's SS policy regarding this?

Hi,🙂 I have transferred multiple bookings from one itinerary to another.........to give you an example,

I was supposed to sail earlier this month but I had to have surgery and cruising got put on the back burner.  My gal at SS and I went over options and I was able to transfer my original payments/bookings to a couple of other choices and I didn't have any negative issues or loss of any $. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi,🙂 I have transferred multiple bookings from one itinerary to another.........to give you an example,

I was supposed to sail earlier this month but I had to have surgery and cruising got put on the back burner.  My gal at SS and I went over options and I was able to transfer my original payments/bookings to a couple of other choices and I didn't have any negative issues or loss of any $. 

So just to confirm: you just transfer the original deposit to the new booking, and lose nothing, correct? The cancellation fee of $250 USD or $300 CAD is not lost as long as you book a new sailing?

15 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

So just to confirm: you just transfer the original deposit to the new booking, and lose nothing, correct? The cancellation fee of $250 USD or $300 CAD is not lost as long as you book a new sailing?

I didn't lose anything. If you booked through a TA, you would need to talk to them. I can only tell you what happened in my case.  But yes, you read my post correctly. I didn't lose anything. I booked directly through SS. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I didn't lose anything. If you booked through a TA, you would need to talk to them. I can only tell you what happened in my case.  But yes, you read my post correctly. I didn't lose anything. I booked directly through SS. 

Thank you for your help!

A bit off topic, but just curios why you booked directly with SS? I mean many TAs provide nice perks, credits, rebates etc.

1 hour ago, ak1004 said:

Thank you for your help!

A bit off topic, but just curios why you booked directly with SS? I mean many TAs provide nice perks, credits, rebates etc.

Hi, why do I book directly? Because the person who helps me is one of my closest, dearest friends I have ever known in my life. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, scottjeanne said:

I used a travel agent for my SS cruise and did not receive any perks, gifts or discounts.  So that is not always a benefit.

Maybe you should find a TA who does give perks? Our current TA provides a 10% rebate.