Any way to ship luggage directly from Heathrow to Port?

Eli_6

My husband has tickets to The Open before our cruise and wants to take the train up there.  So, basically, with two kids in tow we will be going from LHR, taking the tube to Kings Cross, the train from KC to Waverly (in Edinburgh), and then driving a car from Edinburgh to St. Andrews.  Then, on the way back, we are flying into Gatwick, stopping off to see a friend near Hever and staying at Hever Castle... then going over to Dover to stay for two days before we depart for our cruise out of Dover. I would prefer not to lug all of our luggage along with us.  I can get by with one bag for everyone for the London-St. Andrews-Hever-Dover portion before we board.  As ridiculous as all of this hopping around sounds, my husband and I went all over England before sans kids...but we each basically just had a carry on.  With my kids (and needing formal wear, etc. for the cruise), that means more luggage.  Is there a way to have my luggage shipped directly from Heathrow to the cruise port terminal or even the place we are staying at in Dover?  I looked at shipping it directly from my house in Houston to Dover, but that is about $300-400 per bag and we already get free baggage on the flight over because we are flying business.  We get free laundry on the cruise so I can at least wash clothes once we make it on the ship.

I would use this company to ship your bags UK>UK:
https://www.sendmybag.com/

You would need a delivery location to accept the bags, I would suggest you ship them to your friends at Heaver (or maybe to the Heaver/Dover hotel if either will agree to take delivery) the prices look reasonable.

You would need a location where they can collect from where you will be for a few hours too.

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Like 1