3RD & 4TH Guest Free Sprit Sailings.....

Pepi

Hi. My stomach is sinking. I just read the thread about the Jan. sailing with the 500+ unruly kids and on it and it sounds like it was horrific! It was noted that this was sailing where the 3rd and 4th guests went free.

We will likely be doing a 3rd and 4th guest free sailing, but now I am really turned off by what happened on the Jan. sailing. I figured there might be more families than usual as the deal makes it more affordable...but that sounded pretty bad. I also understand that the problem may have been less the "free" guests in the cabins than the large group from some school in Brooklyn that was on the ship. (I am hoping that is the case). We are pretty easy going in our travels. Not too picky, especially when we get a bargain...we keep everything in perspective. We go with the flow and always make the best of and enjoy our vacations whatever happens. (not that much has ever really gone wrong) We will be bringing our child and are looking forward to many other families being on board, but this sounds like something I would have a problem with.

Don't know which sailings this special is good for, but has anyone been on one since Jan? Anyone know if there is a way to find out if a huge group like this might be on a particular sailing. Like the sailing with the folks that one cruises from the radio station? Maybe the cruise line doesn't have to state specifics that would identify the particular group, but it would be good to know what "type" of group might be on board. (??):eek:

The 3rd and 4th passenger in a cabin are pretty much like "free" anytime due to the pricing structure.

Avoid sailing late february through the first two weeks of april - those are spring break times.

And I think you can call up and they will tell you if there are large groups booked. They can also tell you how many kids.

Also, get a balcony room - nice to always have a refuge available.

we just sailed 2/9-2/19 with 3rd and 4th passenger free ( took the kids out of school as this was a week prior to the week that had off) not too many kids, perfect if you'd ask me.Not that I have a problem with kids on cruises( that would be hypicritical of me) but when there are too many, runnning around, unsupervised, I have an issue with that. This is why we research as to when kids would be out of school and always pick a time when they are in(school) .

We're sailing on the Dawn on April 26, 2006 and 3rd & 4th are not REALLY free. You have to pay the taxes and the insurance. We are taking my mother-in-law and it's only costing us $137 for 10 days.

Not bad!:)

Happy sailing,

Monty

We're sailing on the Dawn on April 26, 2006 and 3rd & 4th are not REALLY free. You have to pay the taxes and the insurance. We are taking my mother-in-law and it's only costing us $137 for 10 days.

Not bad!:)

Happy sailing,

Monty

Don't you mean taxes and port charges? You never have to pay insurance, I am glad you choose to take insurance, but it is not manditory. As for the port charges and taxes, of course you had to pay them. That is something the cruise line has no control over. You are right $137 is one heck of a good price. NMNita

The 3rd and 4th passenger in a cabin are pretty much like "free" anytime due to the pricing structure.

Not necessarily--we are sailing in one week, and when we booked last week, the 3/4 price was higher than the regular price. So we just booked 2 cabins--it was cheaper that way. If they have plenty of unbooked triple or quad cabins, the price will be lower, but if they don't have many, the price can actually be higher than the regular per person price.

I didn't know about the kids free weeks! I'll have to remember that...

I just got home from the 2/19-2/26 spirit. The ship had over 800 kids on board. I would have never thought there were close to that amount unless we were told by the CD and the Captain. (95% Well behaved)

ditto....they weren't a problem at all!!

we even danced the last night with a great group of teens in the Galaxy!

Archived