New to NCL: does Upgrade to Premium Plus ever go on sale?

I'm used to the games RCL/X play with their drink package pricing, so I'm wondering (expecting?) NCL to do something similar. 

We have the Adult Beverage Package Promo on our upcoming sailing. I typically get the Deluxe Beverage Package on RCL, so I'm looking at the Upgrade to Premium Plus. It's currently showing in my planner at $29 pp/day... is that the standard price? Does it ever go on sale?

26 minutes ago, bruzin_for_a_cruizin said:

I'm used to the games RCL/X play with their drink package pricing, so I'm wondering (expecting?) NCL to do something similar. 

We have the Adult Beverage Package Promo on our upcoming sailing. I typically get the Deluxe Beverage Package on RCL, so I'm looking at the Upgrade to Premium Plus. It's currently showing in my planner at $29 pp/day... is that the standard price? Does it ever go on sale?

No.  That’s the price. It’s the same if you upgrade months in advance or when you get on board. 

9 hours ago, bruzin_for_a_cruizin said:

Keep in mind it is really more than $29 pp/day if you don't have the booking perk of the 

Premium drink package. If you have that free drink package and upgrade it to the PLUS

package then the $29 pp/day is conversion rate.

The beverage package is $99 pp/day and $128 pp/day for the PLUS

Beverage package info:

Cruise Beverage Packages | Bon Voyage Gifts | Norwegian Cruise Line (ncl.com)

2 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Keep in mind it is really more than $29 pp/day if you don't have the booking perk of the 

Premium drink package. If you have that free drink package and upgrade it to the PLUS

package then the $29 pp/day is conversion rate.

And remember (for Americans, anyway) there are grats on that.  So it comes out to $34.80/day.  I still find it a good value but depends on your preferences.