Live Cruising Review Oasis of the Seas 5/1/22 - 5/8/22 Lots of Pictures!

58 minutes ago, ecslady said:

Those are strange hours.  Do you think it has to do with crew staffing? I've heard many ships are short staffed still.

Short staffed!!  They plucked people off ships to staff the Wonder to make it as perfect as possible while rest of fleet deals with the shortages… I can almost guarantee that when ICON comes online they will drain staff from Wonder and everywhere else and repeat the cycle again.

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Can I use diamond free day for 1st full sea day then buy pkg with prime discount for days 3 thru 7?   Does voom desk handle the prime discount?

Someone please correct me but I was told that you can only buy the discounted package on day 1 and day 2 … after that the price goes up and the package option is not there any more?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mkmaj said:

We've done that before and it worked out well. They drop you off at the surf shop and it's an easy walk to beach and some restaurants. Beach chair/umbrella rentals are reasonably priced.

Are you staying on the ship today? Curious as to how the crowds onboard are at this stop? Our next cruise likely won't be beach weather so debating on what to do with the day.

Staying on the ship.. will move around after 1 PM to let the crowd off the ship first.  No need to be crowded at Windjammer but will report back!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

What sort of stuff are they offering for the Space Centre, Benny? 

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

What sort of stuff are they offering for the Space Centre, Benny? 

They do offer a comprehensive excursion …  if you book onboard it’s around $80 dollar ish so book ahead of time for possible savings or do it on your own via Uber/Lyft

8A2B78C1-A484-488D-80CC-C812859FD235.png

865DE9AC-18D8-4C56-88CD-8E5583D7BD2B.png

53DBAC82-16DA-41FE-926A-D961867BD594.png

72833345-B990-4626-B882-6F958B948CE2.png

1C0946A6-4272-4AAF-B143-5CBD9DCB42BB.png

AFD87873-B997-4816-B402-BB93181742EC.png

D85ADBDE-91A0-49F6-AFA2-ABCFE27EFEF7.png

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, jimdalva said:

That is the Verrazano Narrows Bridge, you are correct that it links Staten Island to Brooklyn over the  Verrazano Narrows.

That’s what I meant .. thank you… it was cold and windy as I was trying to post so I appreciate the correction!

• Like 1

Day 3

Lyft Pricing for Ron Jon and Space Center

Party of 1 the shuttle is better option, more than that better with Uber and Lyft … you just have to manage your time wisely!  The discount is for me only so disregard the discount!  Lyft misses me when I don’t use them 😂 

1A18885B-D007-49BA-9B3B-B2E1D544C262.jpeg

FB80A7A3-F395-4E9A-A7CC-23C32D538EEC.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

They do offer a comprehensive excursion …  if you book onboard it’s around $80 dollar ish so book ahead of time for possible savings or do it on your own via Uber/Lyft

That's great, thanks. Just thinking ahead (already!) to next year! :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FionaMG said:

That's great, thanks. Just thinking ahead (already!) to next year! :classic_laugh:

Planning is good … smoother vacation experience but always allow room for irregular operations!

• Like 1

Day 3

If you want to sample to spa I recommend going to the raffle on embarkation day and see if the spa manager special is right for you … on this cruise she went all the way down to $129.00.  Sometimes if the crowd is easy to please she stops at $149.00.  This is for Oasis of the Seas experience only.  On Symphony the manager only went down to $159.00.

BAA1BF3F-95EB-4928-A3D5-23D9006378C6.jpeg

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

What is the name of this lot?

When I get off the ship I want to go directly to my car and be on the staten island expressway as early as possible.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

I will leave this for the travel agent to answer since I am not one…

my personal view is that the three main stream players all have strength and weakness…my personal preference is Royal Caribbean because it is more well rounded and you can find value with what they offer.  Is it the best … nope … are there issues ? Yeap … but it’s the one I can cruise with and have a relaxing time but my expectations are set accordingly to ensure a smooth vacation experience.  When I board NCL next month I won’t go in expecting them to be like Royal because they are not… I expect them to nickel and dime me every chance they get but that’s how they build their marketing strategy and if you chose to cruise with them you have to be prepared!

I have cruised NCL but all three times I have not been in the haven but lucky enough to get VIBE otherwise I would have been miserable.  I love the waterfront and the pub that is open 24 hours but I don't think I will every cruise again.

20 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Cruise planner … others have reported that it’s $199.99 on sea day $149.99 on port day during the sale… keep in mind the 4 facing the ocean is by windjammer so you will have traffic !

I just came off a princess cruise where I reserved a cabana in the sanctuary which was $249 per day.  You had a couch TV coffee tables two padded lounge chairs, a bar set up with wait service for breakfast, lunch and a tea time cart mid afternoon.  There was also a hot tub which was not crowded.  That was definitely worth it.  I would not pay $199 for the casita especially with the lack of privacy

• Like 1

Just now, gerig said:

i'm on the next cruise and was hoping for the show but at least I can watch the practice.  I will be back on the Oasis on June 10th to see the actual show

3 minutes ago, gerig said:

I just came off a princess cruise where I reserved a cabana in the sanctuary which was $249 per day.  You had a couch TV coffee tables two padded lounge chairs, a bar set up with wait service for breakfast, lunch and a tea time cart mid afternoon.  There was also a hot tub which was not crowded.  That was definitely worth it.  I would not pay $199 for the casita especially with the lack of privacy

You and I think alike!  I think the casita is over priced for me!  You can’t even get a good nap without someone taking a picture 🤳 

299F5EE8-690E-43E4-BEF9-B7F437FA2056.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

Just now, BennyBrun said:

You and I think alike!  I think the casita is over priced for me!  You can’t even get a good nap without someone taking a picture 🤳 

299F5EE8-690E-43E4-BEF9-B7F437FA2056.jpeg

I think it could be worth $100 at the most but I won't book one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

The website is https://www.airportparkinginc.com/

Two options came up for my dates and the substantially cheaper one was EWR Extended Stay America.  5.00 a day, plus tax and 5.00 booking fee.  12 days came to 69.20.

I have used that place before … make sure you have a printed copy to show them.  Sometimes the front desk has no clue.

• Like 1