Live Cruising Review Oasis of the Seas 5/1/22 - 5/8/22 Lots of Pictures!

10 minutes ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

Wow I was hoping we’d have a little bit of a light week like you’re having.

It’s ok. I knew what I was signing up for when I booked Oasis class! I just hope Royal is ready.

IMO, to handle that many they better open up the dining venues more. 

JR for breakfast, Portside BBQ more than 4 hours a day, Solarium Bistro more than breakfast……..

mac_tlc

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

IMO, to handle that many they better open up the dining venues more. 

JR for breakfast, Portside BBQ more than 4 hours a day, Solarium Bistro more than breakfast……..

mac_tlc

Yeah if they’re still short on staff things might not run as smoothly as they should. I feel bad for the staff being overwhelmed.

21 minutes ago, TakeMeAwaay98 said:

pullled out all the stops and got both drink package and specialty dining. Why would they have closed Portside  bbq for dinner? I think if ive paid for a certain number of options of dining locations or types of alcohol and they dont offer them after ive paid there should be some reimbersement

To be honest … portside BBQ is good for lunch at best because it’s like a take away service.  You order and they bring the tray to your table when it is ready.  If you have the UDP I would highly recommend using it at the other 4 places mostly and sample portside BBQ, Johnny Rockets and Playmakers unless you want to have quick bite!

25 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

The Aqua showcase show tonight was great. While not the entire Aqua80 show, it was probably 3/4 of it. 

BFD2F691-FB0D-4D58-9D78-C5FA88554956.jpeg

7CF3FBCF-72A7-470E-B79B-830BF7BC38F1.jpeg

2EA6EC68-13DE-4D0F-817A-561DCEA86B41.jpeg

That looks great!  I missed the announcement about the showcase … are they going to do it again on day 7?  It was one of those days where I did pretty much nothing 😆 … it’s the best kind of day !

22 minutes ago, TakeMeAwaay98 said:

Nice! Day 6 is second formal night im guessing? wasnt sure if it was day 5 or 6. Thanks for the photos.Looks good! BTW likely already been posted but today did get the same 1 HR boardihng delay for 5/8 sailing as the 5/1 sailing had 

Day 6 is formal lobster tail night!  We feel your pain about the one hour delay… which will probably be longer but you can correct me if I am wrong 😂 the staff is not thrilled about it either because they have to keep Windjammer open later but still have to get MDR ready it’s a lose lose for all!  Bring your patience and expect hiccups because if it is smooth boarding you will be much happier!

2 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

That looks great!  I missed the announcement about the showcase … are they going to do it again on day 7?  It was one of those days where I did pretty much nothing 😆 … it’s the best kind of day !

Is JR's open for breakfast? Is it complementary?

1 minute ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 6 is formal lobster tail night!  We feel your pain about the one hour delay… which will probably be longer but you can correct me if I am wrong 😂 the staff is not thrilled about it either because they have to keep Windjammer open later but still have to get MDR ready it’s a lose lose for all!  Bring your patience and expect hiccups because if it is smooth boarding you will be much happier!

with this delay will Chops still be open for lunch? hope so. I can have a good time no matter what but id like to feel paying for 2 big add ons is worth it. We did it so it would be easy to accomodate food desires of everyone in the party. As mentioned,  have others with me who have not cruised RC including a sometimes less than patient 90 w me for his birthday lol

Day 6

Can someone please enlighten me on what is so special about JR breakfast?  I have never had breakfast there so I am very curious because I get this question ALOT … on Oasis and Symphony!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 6

Can someone please enlighten me on what is so special about JR breakfast?  I have never had breakfast there so I am very curious because I get this question ALOT … on Oasis and Symphony!

3 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 6

I personally do think there is anything special @ JR breakfast. We only use it sometimes to get breakfast sandwiches to go with us if iwe are in a hurry to get off at a port. Way faster than dealing with jammer or mdr. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TakeMeAwaay98 said:

I personally do think there is anything special @ JR breakfast. We only use it sometimes to get breakfast sandwiches to go with us if iwe are in a hurry to get off at a port. Way faster than dealing with jammer or mdr. 

Thank you.  I have never been so I was curious as to what they are serving. Is it just sandwiches or can you get breakfast like at a diner?

7 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 6 

Sexiest Men Competition….   Usually the cruise director would host this… Dennis did on the Symphony and he was a riot… fell into the pool too … but on the Oasis it’s one of the activities staff …

Thanks again for another awesome virtual cruise. BTW, it was the belly flop contest when Dennis fell in the pool on Symphony.😁

6 minutes ago, OACAggie said:

Thanks again for another awesome virtual cruise. BTW, it was the belly flop contest when Dennis fell in the pool on Symphony.😁

Hahahah… that’s right… I miss Dennis !  He was fantastic!

8 hours ago, Punnymaker said:

Any word why Cats was cancelled or if it will be back next week?

Heard that RCI ran out of kitty litter for their boxes so the Cats had to stay in Bayonne for the week.  Possibly another Covid related supply issue.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

It was one of those days where I did pretty much nothing 😆 … it’s the best kind of day !

You had to reserve your energy to consume all of those lobster tails at dinner.  Did I count 6?  Solid effort, but not Edge worthy. 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

Thank you.  I have never been so I was curious as to what they are serving. Is it just sandwiches or can you get breakfast like at a diner?

Egg platters, sandwiches, pancakes, French toast, even a maple bacon milkshake for 2.99.  Hoping  it's open next month.

22 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

You had to reserve your energy to consume all of those lobster tails at dinner.  Did I count 6?  Solid effort, but not Edge worthy. 😁

23 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Yeap … I was distracted by the eggplant parmigiana.. it’s better than Giovanni’s.  You should give that a try… they usually have it the same night as the lobster tail night!

• Like 1