Live Cruising Review Oasis of the Seas 5/1/22 - 5/8/22 Lots of Pictures!

I'm excited to follow along! We are doing this cruise on May 22 and can't wait!

If there's any chance you see the kids club schedule, or teen club, I would appreciate it but no worries, we'll be on board in a few weeks. 

• Like 2

We will be with you onboard Sunday. We’re originally in a JS, but “won” a RoyalUp to a GS. 

Our 11:30 boarding time is now 12:30, but since we are in a suite we can show up earlier. Given the email today we will probably try to get there around 12. Driving down from CT so we have about a 90 minute drive. 

Covid test scheduled at CVS tomorrow morning. 

Our plan is to only get off at CoCo Cay. 

Any SL/CK questions, fire away. We plan to do a D+ BOGO at Giovanni’s on day 1 but other than that probably do dinner in Coastal Kitchen .

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

We will be with you onboard Sunday. We’re originally in a JS, but “won” a RoyalUp to a GS. 

Our 11:30 boarding time is now 12:30, but since we are in a suite we can show up earlier. Given the email today we will probably try to get there around 12. Driving down from CT so we have about a 90 minute drive. 

Covid test scheduled at CVS tomorrow morning. 

Our plan is to only get off at CoCo Cay. 

Any SL/CK questions, fire away. We plan to do a D+ BOGO at Giovanni’s on day 1 but other than that probably do dinner in Coastal Kitchen .

mac_tlc

That is great on the Royal Up!  Congratulations!  It’s going to be a great cruise and safe travels coming down from CT… are you coming down via I-95 or cutting through Westchester/Garden State Parkway?  I shake every time I have to travel on I-95! 

My plan is to get off at CocoCay too but I might talk myself to take a walk around port Canaveral to the surf shop.  Who knows !

Hopefully the other “ship” is there on time so that the move is quick and not delayed because our boarding time will depend on how long it takes for Oasis to move out of the way and dock again!  I might kill sometime at Costco and hit the food court 😂 since it’s close

Please feel free to add/chime in / update on this thread if you would like it will be fun to hear your suite experience!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MamatoJack said:

I'm excited to follow along! We are doing this cruise on May 22 and can't wait!

If there's any chance you see the kids club schedule, or teen club, I would appreciate it but no worries, we'll be on board in a few weeks. 

Do they post that on the compass or do I need to stop by and ask for a schedule?

4 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Do they post that on the compass or do I need to stop by and ask for a schedule?

I am honestly not sure how they are doing it now, I assumed it would show up in the app at some point but that may not be the case. I believe it used to be available near the kids club on the ship but I have the sense they aren't doing as many paper schedules now. 

6 minutes ago, MamatoJack said:

I am honestly not sure how they are doing it now, I assumed it would show up in the app at some point but that may not be the case. I believe it used to be available near the kids club on the ship but I have the sense they aren't doing as many paper schedules now. 

No worries I will figure it out… 😂 in between feedings 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

That is great on the Royal Up!  Congratulations!  It’s going to be a great cruise and safe travels coming down from CT… are you coming down via I-95 or cutting through Westchester/Garden State Parkway?  I shake every time I have to travel on I-95! 

My plan is to get off at CocoCay too but I might talk myself to take a walk around port Canaveral to the surf shop.  Who knows !

Hopefully the other “ship” is there on time so that the move is quick and not delayed because our boarding time will depend on how long it takes for Oasis to move out of the way and dock again!  I might kill sometime at Costco and hit the food court 😂 since it’s close

Please feel free to add/chime in / update on this thread if you would like it will be fun to hear your suite experience!

We avoid I-95 like the plague. We will go I-84/I-684/Saw Mill Pkwy/Henry Hudson Pkwy/ GWB. 

mac_tlc

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

I have been checking in on the cruise planner for a good Wi-Fi deal and sadly the pricing has been high (since 2/22) I did not see anything better than 10% off the increased price of $26.99 a day for surf and stream.  The beverage package price has also been off the charts since 2/22.  I will buy the Wi-Fi package onboard using my Diamond Free Day credit and the 30% discount from Prime which will bring the package price to a more palatable level while I wait to upload 😆 

I will use my Diamond vouchers carefully on this trip 😂 

I didn't realize we could combine diamond with prime discount.   Let us know the price you pay once onboard.  

We are also on this cruise with you!  Can't wait!  Will enjoy seeing what you post and your pictures!  I saw somewhere recently that Queen Mary 2 & a Norweigian ship will be in dock also, so I'm thinking that's why we need to move before boarding.  As long as they come back for us, we're good! lol  See you Sunday!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Guess I know where to look on your Port Canaveral day if we decide to take a short ride and try to find Waldo! 🤣😂😝😱

3 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

We avoid I-95 like the plague. We will go I-84/I-684/Saw Mill Pkwy/Henry Hudson Pkwy/ GWB. 

mac_tlc

So traffic is really that bad on I-95 in CT now? We used to live in CT and drove I-95 on a regular basis, but that was 18 years ago. It was bad enough then. We used to use the I-84 route instead of I-95 whenever we could even though it was a longer drive.

Now we’re in Central FL northwest of Orlando and drive on the insanity that is I-4, the FL Tokyo construction zone, the 528 construction zone, and on occasion, the FL version of I-95. 😱

Benny, after thinking about the drive Waldo is probably safe from discovery. I’m looking forward to being back on Oasis with you though even though I’ll only be there virtually. 😎

Edited by perfect match
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Din321 said:

I saw somewhere recently that Queen Mary 2 & a Norweigian ship will be in dock also,

I believe that only Royal and Celebrity sail out of Bayonne.  NCL sails out of Manhattan and the QM2 is probably Manhattan as well or possibly Brooklyn.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, perfect match said:Waldo!

So traffic is really that bad on I-95 in CT now? We used to live in CT and drove I-95 on a regular basis, but that was 18 years ago. It was bad enough then. We used to use the I-84 route instead of I-95 whenever we could even though it was a longer drive.

Now we’re in Central FL northwest of Orlando and drive on the insanity that is I-4, the FL Tokyo construction zone, the 528 construction zone, and on occasion, the FL version of I-95. 😱

It hasn’t gotten any wider in the last 18 years and there is more traffic. It will be a Sunday, but that just means construction lane closures instead of volume. From Bridgeport west to the GWB is crazy.

We have a house in the Lake Nona area and try to avoid I-4 as well. Now 417 is a 20-30 mile construction zone from Disney to almost 528 — so it’s a pain too!! We can’t avoid that though, the house is right off it.

mac_tlc

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I didn't realize we could combine diamond with prime discount.   Let us know the price you pay once onboard.  

Some ship says use the first day as Diamond free and then on the second day buy the package (it will be prorated to 6 nights) then go and get the discount, some ship they will go through the trouble of adding up all the discount and then tell you to buy the package on the first day and then adjust the bill.  It’s Royal’s consistency to be inconsistent.  I just nod and smile!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Din321 said:

We are also on this cruise with you!  Can't wait!  Will enjoy seeing what you post and your pictures!  I saw somewhere recently that Queen Mary 2 & a Norweigian ship will be in dock also, so I'm thinking that's why we need to move before boarding.  As long as they come back for us, we're good! lol  See you Sunday!

Yay!  Have a great cruise!  It will either be like a Black Friday where people are waiting to rush the door or everyone will read the email and come 60 minutes later as requested…I wonder what it will be like 🤔 at Bayonne on Sunday

11 hours ago, perfect match said:

Guess I know where to look on your Port Canaveral day if we decide to take a short ride and try to find Waldo! 🤣😂😝😱

Benny, after thinking about the drive Waldo is probably safe from discovery. I’m looking forward to being back on Oasis with you though even though I’ll only be there virtually. 😎

Always do the I 84, more scenic and less hair pulling … of course central Florida traffic has gotten much worse … was in Tampa last week and drove to Orlando middle of the week and WOW that traffic was insane… I thought I was driving through Stamford on the I95 for a second… how long has that construction been going on?  Didn’t they start that like 5 years go?  Then when you get down to the Disney Springs area there is always a traffic unless it’s between 3AM - 6AM 😆 

Waldo blends in with the crowd 😆 but might have a hat 🧢 on this week as the hair is getting out of control

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

It hasn’t gotten any wider in the last 18 years and there is more traffic. It will be a Sunday, but that just means construction lane closures instead of volume. From Bridgeport west to the GWB is crazy.

We have a house in the Lake Nona area and try to avoid I-4 as well. Now 417 is a 20-30 mile construction zone from Disney to almost 528 — so it’s a pain too!! We can’t avoid that though, the house is right off it.

mac_tlc

Are they still doing rapid testing at CVS for free? The CVS/Walgreens around me stopped the free testing which is why I went with eMED.  I do have to say that it is very convenient and quick too.

1 minute ago, BennyBrun said:

Are they still doing rapid testing at CVS for free? The CVS/Walgreens around me stopped the free testing which is why I went with eMED.  I do have to say that it is very convenient and quick too.

They don’t have the modular buildings in the parking lot, we had to go into the MinuteClinic. Took insurance info, it should be covered.

Two negative tests received! See you tomorrow!

mac_tlc

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

We are on this one too.  Suitcases by the door, negative test results in hand and ready to go:)  Have not been on a cruise since February 2020.  Just checked the position of the ship and she is off Virginia Beach as of 12:30 PM 4/30. 

Isn’t it so nice to not have to stress over flights when you are close to the port?  I consider this a true luxury … I can wake up in the morning at a decent hour, French press my coffee have breakfast and still have time to sit around before going the port 😂 

• Like 3

Just now, BennyBrun said:

Isn’t it so nice to not have to stress over flights when you are close to the port?  I consider this a true luxury … I can wake up in the morning at a decent hour, French press my coffee have breakfast and still have time to sit around before going the port 😂 

YES!  The upside of this is definitely just Ubering over to the port tomorrow (packing liquids and gels with wild abandon, lol).  Might do it again next month too if Bermuda gets over their additional testing.  We're NOT flying anywhere too distant for boarding until the testing requirement goes away, which is limiting.

• Like 2

Just a heads up that there is a marathon tomorrow morning being run in Jersey City.  Here's the link to the route of the race in case it impact's your route to Cape Liberty.  https://prodsitecore.blob.core.windows.net/nyrrsitecoreblob/nyrr/pdf/race-course-maps/newport22_map_042522.pdf   Looks like the Holland Tunnel from Manhattan empties directly into that area.  The race is at 9 AM so hopefully will be over by the time we are trying to get to the port.

My husband & I, my sister and BIL are also on this cruise.  This will be our first cruise since getting off the Anthem on March 1, 2020.  We love leaving from Bayonne- we live in northern NJ and it is so nice to be on vacation 50 minutes after we leave our home.

Happy that you are dong a virtual cruise here- it's like OUR vacation is being documented too.

Not sure if we will get off anywhere...we are just grateful and content to be on a cruise ship again.

Praying for no rain and weather that's a lot warmer than here!

JA

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Did CVS back in February in their modular set up in the parking lot and did Walgreens in April at their drive in window.  Will see how things are when we need it again in June, August and October.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Travelling2Some said:

YES!  The upside of this is definitely just Ubering over to the port tomorrow (packing liquids and gels with wild abandon, lol).  Might do it again next month too if Bermuda gets over their additional testing.  We're NOT flying anywhere too distant for boarding until the testing requirement goes away, which is limiting.

Those suitcases are not going to overpack themselves lol … I just have to make sure it fits into the Uber 😝 

• Haha 1