BUCKET OF BEER

I was just on Conquest and the buckets are now 16oz cans (rather than the aluminum bottles) and are sold as six to a bucket.  First bucket was $7 a beer or $42 plus 18% tip and 6% FLA state tax so $52.50

Signed up for cheers on day two so not so bad.  Plus we paid next to nothing for the cruise.  When things get back to normal my cruising days are over,,,

Used to be a bucket of beer was pay for five and got the sixth for free. Not a great deal, but better than full price. A 7 dollar beer is not much better than a mixed drink. Well a little considering we are talking  16 oz instead of 12.

'The high price of drinking.. Almost the same as any sports bar here at home.

11 hours ago, PatnJudy said:

Used to be a bucket of beer was pay for five and got the sixth for free. Not a great deal, but better than full price. A 7 dollar beer is not much better than a mixed drink. Well a little considering we are talking  16 oz instead of 12.

'The high price of drinking.. Almost the same as any sports bar here at home.

Yes, ridiculous..never understood paying that much money to drink.  Talk about passing money away..

23 hours ago, Daddyfto said:

I was just on Conquest and the buckets are now 16oz cans (rather than the aluminum bottles) and are sold as six to a bucket.  First bucket was $7 a beer or $42 plus 18% tip and 6% FLA state tax so $52.50

Signed up for cheers on day two so not so bad.  Plus we paid next to nothing for the cruise.  When things get back to normal my cruising days are over,,,

Wow, wondering if it is worth it to get the cheers package.  We will most likely be drinking beer since we don’t really do cocktails.  I don’t know we will be drinking $1000 worth of beer in 4 days, with 2 port days.  😩

5 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

On embarkation day, they are like $51 bucks then drop to around $46 after that. Cocktails ranged anywhere from $11.75-$13-$14 bucks. It's a drag to be sure. Lots of deals in ports though. Same buckets $12-$14 per bucket of 6.  

5 for $10 in Progreso (Corona 12oz) with salsa and chips.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ray98 said:

In the port area or in town?

In town. Walk from the bus dropoff toward the beach. Part of that street has become street cafes. There are several on the left across from Dominos Pizza. Manuel, aka The Penguin, took care of us. The bar in the port that had the little pool is closed. Only one bar in the port shops about half way through the shops on the right.

• Like 1