EMED TEST

IZZYDAD

1 hour ago, IZZYDAD said:

I don’t sail till October, 12 when would be the best time to order EMED Test kits? I will be ordering directly from them?

I ordered a six pack a couple weeks ago and they came overnighted the next day.

They usually arrive in less than a week (often just a day or two).  Expiration dates on the ones they are sending out go well beyond your cruise but testing requirements could change before October.  I would probably wait until about a month out and see if you have a clearer picture then of what the testing requirements may be for your particular cruise.

• Like 1

The ones we've purchased from https://www.emed.com are shipped overnight (6 for $21 shipping) and arrived within 2 days.  They have to go through an approval step first so often can't ship overnight until the next day depending on what time of day I order.  I'd wait for a while.  The way things are going they may not even require testing by then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest TopoChico

I would order at least two extra.  We were in San Juan a few weeks ago and did the tests in our hotel room the day before boarding.  I brought four tests for two of us.  Two of the four tests were defective and had no liquid in the dropper bottle.  If we had not had the two extras with us, we would have been SOL. 

22 minutes ago, TopoChico said:

I would order at least two extra.  We were in San Juan a few weeks ago and did the tests in our hotel room the day before boarding.  I brought four tests for two of us.  Two of the four tests were defective and had no liquid in the dropper bottle.  If we had not had the two extras with us, we would have been SOL. 

Do you remember how close your tests were to the expiration date?  We plan to use ours on Sunday 5/1 and they expire on 5/8.  Hoping they have appropriate liquid!

13 hours ago, IZZYDAD said:

I don’t sail till October, 12 when would be the best time to order EMED Test kits? I will be ordering directly from them?

I would go ahead and order just in case there is another surge.   The test kits being shipped have an expiration date of about a year in the future.

All of mine received January of 2022 have an expiration date of November 2022

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Panzano said:

Are the results of the EMED test kit results accepted by all airlines for flying back to US from Europe?

The sell two types of kits.   Only the ones that are proctored are acceptable and as far as I know they are accepted by all airlines. I would go to the airline sight and most sell the same test that would be a good indication that it is acceptable.   Also how many days before flight is important.  

The official name is BinaxNow Covid 19 AG

Just looked on CDC site -

Testing – ALL Travelers

REQUIRED

Before boarding a flight to the United States, you are required to show a negative COVID-19 test result taken no more than 1 day before travel. There is also an option for people who have documented recovery from COVID-19 in the past 90 days.

Children under 2 years old do not need to test.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 2

Guest TopoChico
On 4/29/2022 at 10:47 PM, twincheryl said:

Do you remember how close your tests were to the expiration date?  We plan to use ours on Sunday 5/1 and they expire on 5/8.  Hoping they have appropriate liquid!

They were fairly near expiration by a few weeks.  I would definitely not chance it.  The two new ones we had had a different type of dropper.  

Edited by TopoChico

22 minutes ago, TopoChico said:

They were fairly near expiration by a few weeks.  I would definitely not chance it.  The two new ones we had had a different type of dropper.  

Great news... we used them this morning and all was good... no empty bottles of solution either.  No mention by the proctor that they expire in a few days.  All 3 of us are negative! 

Guest TopoChico
3 hours ago, twincheryl said:

Great news... we used them this morning and all was good... no empty bottles of solution either.  No mention by the proctor that they expire in a few days.  All 3 of us are negative! 

Awesome! Have a wonderful time!