Haven guests: What's been a unique request you've given to your butler?

On 5/9/2022 at 12:45 PM, bookbabe said:

I can confirm that the butlers do keep a file of notes on past passengers, either that or ours just has a great memory.  

Not just butlers, but concierge's too. When we were on the Star last month, the concierge came and introduced herself to us. Star doesn't have a Haven, but we were in the garden villa so we had lots of visitors making sure we had everything we could possibly want.

We had never met her before, but she knew exactly who we were. Told us the name of our butler on the Jade and even knew certain things about that trip which didn't go well for us. It was a little creepy honestly, and we're not sure if we're just memorable folks or if they truly have a book or something they share with people about past guests.

Thankfully we've never been bad guests so if there's anything in there about us at all it probably just says "fat lazy Americans who eat way more junk food than they should and don't wake up until noon on sea days".

But yeah... just like we share names of good/bad staff, they're doing the same about us....🥴

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

"fat lazy Americans who eat way more junk food than they should and don't wake up until noon on sea days".

No way!!  Sea days are my favorites.  As a certified fat lazy American, ain't nothin' finer that getting up before dawn, getting that first bloody Mary at the buffet and looking forward to a long day of nothin'.  🐀

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I don’t know if these are unique, but in general….

-afternoon snacks brought only when requested.  Too many times, by mid-cruise, I had bunches of uneaten candies, strawberries, chips, etc just lingering around the desk.

-Remove champagne and replace with wine (not a fan of NCL’s “gratis” champagne)

-Clear out mini-fridge to make room for drinks I may bring back that are not consumed from a day’s activities 

-GF actually asked one Butler to bring her a cocktail while she was readying for dinner.  Indulgent, but if she wants it, I want her to have it.

Sometimes, if the pillows aren’t to our liking, I have them swap them out for another type.

We unpack ourselves.  We know where we want everything to go, and by doing so, we take an inventory making note of things we forgot to pack and must acquire either on the ship, or at the first port.

It’s been a long while ago, but we did indeed have one Butler who introduced himself the first day, and we really never saw him again.  We knew he was in the cabin at some point, as there were snacks delivered.  But, he did magically show up on the 2nd to last day to remind us to give him a great rating and that he also worked for tips.  He didn’t do anything wrong, and did the (very) few things we asked, but it kind of leaves a sour taste when they “remind” you to tip.

We basically asked him not to bring us anything to eat unless we asked. And we never did. We did appreciate him re-stocking the tea and coffee. Even at that by the end of the cruise we couldn't even look at food.....

• Like 1

On 5/3/2022 at 12:49 PM, Professor Aronnax said:

If we are all being honest, the Butler is the most overrated thing in cruising. There just isn't that much for the butler to do besides bring food. That's why so many keep asking different variations of this question on these boards. It sounds cool, but not very practical. We had a butler at the St. Pancras Renaissance. He carried our luggage from the hotel and got us first on the Eurostar for our trip to Paris. That is a great service to offer. But I'm mostly hearing about non-stop candy and cookies coming to the room. 

Seeing picture of M&Ms and gummy bears in my luxurious suite in the Haven doesn't do much for me. If I'm paying thousands of dollars for a great room and food, why would I load up on cheap candy? Just the opinion of one.

Couldn't agree more but our children (aged roughly 3 and 7 at time of our last Haven cruise) thought it was basically the best part of the trip!  

On 6/15/2022 at 2:03 AM, ChiefMateJRK said:

No way!!  Sea days are my favorites.  As a certified fat lazy American, ain't nothin' finer that getting up before dawn, getting that first bloody Mary at the buffet and looking forward to a long day of nothin'.  🐀

Makes sense ... after all you can't drink all day if you don't start early in the morning. 🐀

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, the_dylaness said:

Can we go back to the $99 bath menu for a second... seriously, WHAT?

Personally I'd take the $49 kids bath. It sounds like a lot more fun! Plus, strawberry/banana smoothies are the best!!

The link below is from 2013 - is it true baths are still $99? If so, that might be the best deal on the ship! Also, the deal I'll never, ever use...

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/10394-norwegian-launches-butler-drawn-bath-menu.html

3 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Personally I'd take the $49 kids bath. It sounds like a lot more fun! Plus, strawberry/banana smoothies are the best!!

The link below is from 2013 - is it true baths are still $99? If so, that might be the best deal on the ship! Also, the deal I'll never, ever use...

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/10394-norwegian-launches-butler-drawn-bath-menu.html

My wife just brings some bath bombs and salts and fills the tub herself.