Normal NCL Jade Piraeus disembarkation time

tammyjw305

Hi, 

Has anyone disembarked on the NCL Jade at Piraeus lately? How early can one disembark with walk off luggage? We are supposed to arrive at 6am and have been booked on a 10:30 am flight. The taxi info seems to encourage pre-booking, but I don’t know when to expect to be off. What is your experience? 

Thanks!

28 minutes ago, tammyjw305 said:

Hi, 

Has anyone disembarked on the NCL Jade at Piraeus lately? How early can one disembark with walk off luggage? We are supposed to arrive at 6am and have been booked on a 10:30 am flight. The taxi info seems to encourage pre-booking, but I don’t know when to expect to be off. What is your experience? 

Thanks!

We sailed on the NCL Dawn last July, so not recently, but post-Covid.  I don't remember when actual disembarkation was, because we used the NCL shuttle and only paid attention to our time to catch the shuttle.  I do remember that it's a decent distance from the terminal to the airport.  I remember it being around an hour, but that was with a shuttle bus and lots of people.  We used a taxi when we arrived the day before we sailed out, it was probably closer to 35-45 minutes and to the hotel in our city center, not the pier.  And if you're on a weekend (we were there on a Sunday), that helps because you will run into less traffic.  10:30 seems to be cutting it close IHMO, but would likely be fine with that 6 AM start if that's accurate. And maybe those who have sailed more recently could give you a better idea, we were on NCL's first sailing back and lots of things have changed since then.  

We booked a flight before we knew the logistics of getting to the airport? Hmmm...

Its about a 30-40 minute or so drive to the airport. Athens is a fairly efficient airport. You will have extra security to go through if your flight goes direct to the US (not stopping elsewhere in Europe). I would get off as early as possible and grab a cab. I am fairly confident you can be in the cab before 7am.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got off the Jade last Sunday.  I didn't pay attention to how early they started calling the group taking all their luggage off but our luggage color was scheduled to be called at 7:15 and they began calling at 6:45.  The ride back to the airport took 50 minutes.  Between check in, luggage drop off, security, etc. it was about an hour before we arrived at our gate.

• 2 months later...

Hi. I’m taking the Jade in Nov. How long does disembarkation take? I’m planning to take 12pm flight out of Athens (ship is scheduled into port at 6am). Will I make it to the airport and make my flight? I plan to do ”self assist” disembarking. What is “self assist” disembarking like?

7 hours ago, Chelled123 said:

Hi. I’m taking the Jade in Nov. How long does disembarkation take? I’m planning to take 12pm flight out of Athens (ship is scheduled into port at 6am). Will I make it to the airport and make my flight? I plan to do ”self assist” disembarking. What is “self assist” disembarking like?

That should be fine.  In June, passengers were able to get off Jade starting before 7:00.  Because the traffic on Sunday morning is quiet, you'll have no problem with a taxi, or with a bus, or even with a metro combination.