Aurora delayed

Stokie33

We made it onto aurora with no issues but I was glad I’d printed everything off, as it definitely made the check in process easier and less hassle. We had a boarding time of 2.45pm arrived 1 hour early and came more or less straight onto the ship after going through 4 or 5 different lots of check in. 
They’ve announced at 5.15 we are delayed due to an IT issue and aren’t sure everyone’s aboard. 

My hubbys response was is our beer free then if we aren’t on the ship 🤣.

They are hoping to leave at 6pm but will wait and see.

Masks are advisory not compulsory and we are definitely in the minority wearing ours but working in the scanning department at my local hospital we will continue to wear ours.

Will try and update either later or when/if we get to Guernsey 🤣

Edited by Stokie33
Spelling
  • Like 14

2 hours ago, Stokie33 said:

We made it onto aurora with no issues but I was glad I’d printed everything off, as it definitely made the check in process easier and less hassle. We had a boarding time of 2.45pm arrived 1 hour early and came more or less straight onto the ship after going through 4 or 5 different lots of check in. 
They’ve announced at 5.15 we are delayed due to an IT issue and aren’t sure everyone’s aboard. 

My hubbys response was is our beer free then if we aren’t on the ship 🤣.

They are hoping to leave at 6pm but will wait and see.

Masks are advisory not compulsory and we are definitely in the minority wearing ours but working in the scanning department at my local hospital we will continue to wear ours.

Will try and update either later or when/if we get to Guernsey 🤣

Have a fantastic time. 

Andy 

It’s been a lovely cruise so far as calm as a mill pond and surprisingly we made it to Guernsey which we weren’t expecting. The ship has been brill but haven’t been to the main dining room as the menu hasn’t been for us but the food in the horizon buffet as been lovely. 
The beef stew and creamy mash was really nice.

Seem to remember Andy mentioning the cabin drawers on Aurora a few years ago, I think there’s 20 people in the cabin next door for how many drawers and doors they open every morning night, I can’t remember this being an issue on any other ship.

Now to enjoy the last day, can’t believe we get off tomorrow 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2