How to use my OBC to pay for specialty dining and shore excursion prior to being onboard?

Cruisengators

Looking for help from recent Princess cruisers.

Hello fellow Princess Cruisers.  It has been some time since I have cruised Princess and I have forgotten how to book specialty dining, spa treatments and the occasional shore excursions using OBC.  I would like to book some of these before they are all sold out for an August cruise.  I dont want to wait until we are onboard but I seem to recall that when I do any of the above early on the app or online I need to pay for them immediatly with a credit card.  SInce we have a nice OBC is there a way to book any of the above in advance and pay with OBC or can I pay with a CC and get them to reimburse me when on board and transfer payment over to my OBC.

Thank you for the kind help.

Hi, 

We got our cancelled specialty dining credit card reservations refunded as refundable OBC onboard

It was too many trips to guest services for me, so I won’t do this again 

It’s been three weeks no OBC refund check yet, but credit card is paid I understand there may be a longer wait for an OBC refund check

Your mileage may vary 

Edited by ginabab

18 hours ago, ginabab said:

Hi, 

We got our cancelled specialty dining credit card reservations refunded as refundable OBC onboard

It was too many trips to guest services for me, so I won’t do this again 

It’s been three weeks no OBC refund check yet, but credit card is paid I understand there may be a longer wait for an OBC refund check

Your mileage may vary 

If you are talking about the check for refundable OBC that you did not use all of during your cruise -- we received these checks  about 4 to 5 weeks after our cruise ended.  

• Thanks 1