Statement copied from article I read on Cruise critic

misha1

5 hours ago, misha1 said:

I am sorry, the Celebrity statement on their website says those booked before 11/21.  I had the wrong year.  I tried to copy and paste it but it would not do it.  I found it under the travel requirements on Celebrity site.  (2019 was on my mind as that is the last time I traveled)

I wish they would offer that to passengers who booked after 11/21, even if you have to pay for it.  Offering the telehealth for purchase does not help when the internet is so poor.

What an excellent discussion.  I am very appreciative of everyone's expertise.  While September seems like a long ways away, I feel like it will be here very quickly.  And how do people navigate a quarentine?  This would be a huge added expense, not to mention worries about home responsibilities, ie job.  Renting a car can get me from Vancouver to Seattle but then what?

Canadian regulations require that cruise lines arrange and pay for passengers that need quarantine. Celebrity’s assistance plan is set to expire for shoreside quarantine expenses, but I expect that they have to abide by local laws.

The question remains about how that is handled if you test positive at disembarkation or at the airport. I have not seen any reports so far, but it is bound to happen as the season progresses.

If Celebrity is not responsible once you disembark, then travel insurance will cover quarantine expenses under Trip Interruption and Trip Delay provisions. Trip Interruption typically pays up to 150% of the cost of the trip and covers any remaining prepaid nonrefundable expenses as well as transportation home. Trip Delay pays for hotel and meals. If you have not already purchased the Celebrity policy, shop for a third-party policy and look for the most generous trip delay benefits you can find at a price you want to pay. Know that some policies include transportation in the Trip Delay section so that section dollar limit must cover it all.

I don’t have details about the logistics of quarantine, but you must remain until you are cleared to travel.

You do not have to test at all if you are driving from Vancouver to Seattle. Once there, you can fly domestically without testing. If you do not have any reason to think you are infected, you could fly home.

You have some time to see how things go. As long as the testing requirement for return international flights remains in place, there will be the risk of testing positive, however slight. The consequences are something to consider.