Statement copied from article I read on Cruise critic

misha1

4 minutes ago, misha1 said:

Yes, I am a bit worried about this too.  I have the premium WiFi on onboard but we will be underway and in Victoria.  I wondered if the Suites Concierge could help us in any way.  I fear I am making this harder than I should but I feel very responsible to our travel companions who have never sailed, traveled any distance, been to Alaska.  I kind of took on all of the travel reins so to speak and, well, here we are.

Suites Concierge's are great and can do a lot for you, but they can't make the internet any better.  So I would definitely recommend doing some research and having a back-up plan.  Also, people have mentioned on these boards that sometimes tests are flawed (not often but it can happen) so if you go that route make sure to have some extras just in case.  Maybe not an extra for every person as you have a big group it sounds like, but at least a few extra on hand.

2 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I fit the criteria either way.  I'll go back and check that other section.  Very frustrating that they can't have all the info in one place.

Me too, but I worry about getting a solid and straight answer from Celebrity.  Seems like they are having the same trouble navigating this as I am...if you can even speak to anyone.  

2 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

You'll find it here: https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements

This was first introduced last fall, when the only active Celebrity cruises were out of the US. As more cruise locations have opened up, Celebrity hasn't carried this wording to the new webpages. 

thanks.  Need to check my flight time.  We are returning the next day, but not sure what time.

2 minutes ago, misha1 said:

Also, regarding the ArriveCAN form...I did find it by googling it but when does one learn of this form>  First I heard of this.  Again, and perhaps I am making a mountain out of a molehill and this would have been included in the pre-boarding e mail from Celebrity

While Celebrity doesn't name it, it does provide a link on the Alaska cruise requirements page https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/alaska-travel-requirements:

Canada requires arriving travelers to complete an entry form prior to arrival. The form can be found here.

• If you are flying to Canada to begin your cruise, you must enter your vaccination/test results prior to your flight’s arrival in Canada.
  • If you will be entering a Canadian port on your cruise that begins in the U.S., you must enter your vaccination/test results prior to debarking in any Canadian port.

• Like 1

From the Celebrity page on travel requirements 

"All fully vaccinated guests requiring a COVID-19 test to return to their home country will be provided the opportunity to receive testing in the cruise port during disembarkation. Proof of return travel scheduled within 24 hours of disembarkation will be required. Details on testing registration will be provided onboard. Testing will be complimentary for guests with cruise reservations booked prior to November 16, 2021.  For new bookings made on or after November 16, 2021, testing will be available for a per person fee. The cost for onsite cruise port testing starts at $99 per person.  Prices vary by port and test type." 

12 minutes ago, misha1 said:

From the Celebrity page on travel requirements 

"All fully vaccinated guests requiring a COVID-19 test to return to their home country will be provided the opportunity to receive testing in the cruise port during disembarkation. Proof of return travel scheduled within 24 hours of disembarkation will be required. Details on testing registration will be provided onboard. Testing will be complimentary for guests with cruise reservations booked prior to November 16, 2021.  For new bookings made on or after November 16, 2021, testing will be available for a per person fee. The cost for onsite cruise port testing starts at $99 per person.  Prices vary by port and test type." 

Anyone know if the "within 24 hour" is strictly enforced?  We arrive Vancouver Friday morning but flight is not until afternoon next day so technically more than 24 hours......

If I were in your situation, I would also be very nervous about taking a test and making a noon flight. Any chance you can change your flight to leave out of Seattle? No testing required at the border if you drive in and there are lots of shuttles running from Vancouver cruise terminal to SeaTac (at least there were pre-covid). Or maybe leave later from Vancouver? 

32 minutes ago, erlyvon said:

Anyone know if the "within 24 hour" is strictly enforced?  We arrive Vancouver Friday morning but flight is not until afternoon next day so technically more than 24 hours......

If Celebrity is paying they may enforce.  If you are paying, shouldn't matter.  Celebrity is offering a service to guests.  There are places in Vanc. to get tested that is talked about on this forum.

34 minutes ago, Dancing Shoes said:

You said your flight was changed.  Did the airline offer you a chance to change at no cost?  If so, I would rebook a later flight.  My flight changed by 45 mins. and they offered me anytime I wanted free of charge.  

Yes, we can change flight time but that has a significant domino effect.  Not ideal

40 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

If I were in your situation, I would also be very nervous about taking a test and making a noon flight. Any chance you can change your flight to leave out of Seattle? No testing required at the border if you drive in and there are lots of shuttles running from Vancouver cruise terminal to SeaTac (at least there were pre-covid). Or maybe leave later from Vancouver? 

These shuttles you mention...one would not need a covid test to re-enter the US using this means of transport to the US?

14 minutes ago, misha1 said:

These shuttles you mention...one would not need a covid test to re-enter the US using this means of transport to the US?

I do not believe so, BUT.... you will need to triple verify that

a) the shuttles are running post-covid (they aren't from Detroit to Windsor)

b) covid test isn't required to entre the USA via said shuttle (it is not required in a car).

My sister just went to Niagra Falls via Windsor and a test was not required as long as you were vaccinated. However; I just checked and the buses normally running from Windsor to Detroit are still mia, so they may not be running from Vancouver to SeaTac either.

Option c) possibly rent a car? 

Such a hassle. I feel for you. 

Edit to add: I just checked for you and the busses do appear to be running from the Vancouver cruise terminal to SeaTac. This site may help you:

https://www.ridebooker.com/transfers/vancouver-cruise-ships/seatac/quick-shuttle

Still need to triple check that you aren't required to have a negative test since this is public transportation. 

Edited by BermudaBound2014

Surely, we are not the only travelers returning to the US from a foreign port.  I called Celebrity...after being transferred 3 times, and was waiting for the 4th "expert" to come on the phone only to be disconnected.  Before that happened I was told Celebrity's protocols are not out yet for September.  One rep said the re-entry covid tests are provided the day before disembarkation and can be accomplished via a guide...lovely, except what if I do not have calling capability.  No solution offered.  

Do NOT rely on the celebrity agents for information- several people over on the Alaska board have been told by agents as recently as a day or two ago that they do not need to complete the ArriveCAN on cruises that enter Canada. At this time (and yes, it could change), that is not true- anyone onboard (and I assume this means crew?) is require to complete the form 72 hours prior to boarding a plane or ship. The Celebrity website seems to be up to date, but I also check both the Canadian and US official websites just to be sure. 

As far as the 24 hours- some of the times given are by the day, some by the hour. I would check carefully which the required testing times are since government workers, whether in Canada or in US, are often very tied to the very specific requirements as listed. So they may look at it and say- 28 hours is NOT 24 hours. 

Edited by 5waldos

I would wait until a few cruises have happened before worrying about what the requirements will be at the end of the season.  The one agent who said the protocols are not out was the closest to the truth...until ships start sailing and people have real world experiences, it's all pretty much theoretical.  And of course the protocols can change at any time, so I think you're just getting yourself worked up over something that is still very much in flux.

• Like 1

Just now, bEwAbG said:

I would wait until a few cruises have happened before worrying about what the requirements will be at the end of the season.  The one agent who said the protocols are not out was the closest to the truth...until ships start sailing and people have real world experiences, it's all pretty much theoretical.  And of course the protocols can change at any time, so I think you're just getting yourself worked up over something that is still very much in flux.

Words well said.  

1 minute ago, 5waldos said:

I found it on google previously, but thanks for the link.  I guess I was wondering or thinking more about the thousands of cruisers who don't know about this, like me.  IDK...I gotta just chill about it right now.  

4 minutes ago, misha1 said:

I found it on google previously, but thanks for the link.  I guess I was wondering or thinking more about the thousands of cruisers who don't know about this, like me.  IDK...I gotta just chill about it right now.  

I have read on CC about the massive hold ups as people were boarding on other cruiselines. They apparently had computers (and printers?) set up for people who needed them but it caused a big mess. Many lines are sending out the information about it perhaps a week prior to sailing? That should help as the information that you get if you talk to a Celebrity agent you may well be told the wrong. 

Edited by 5waldos

28 minutes ago, misha1 said:

Do they provide the form on board?

ArriveCAN is not a physical paper form. You can access it online with an internet connection, at the link provided above, or you can download the app version to your mobile phone. After submitting your information, you will receive a receipt that you can print to show at check in.

27 minutes ago, misha1 said:

7430E961-7120-4E83-A60F-ECACDF97FB29.jpeg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, misha1 said:

Thank you for that advice.  I certainly considered that as an option.  These telehealth kits you mention are the same used for embarkation?  I worry about using these if my phone will not pull up internet (for result verification in Canada.  Can I google this ArriveCAN form?  I wish this stuff was spelled out step by step.  I really am feeling out of the loops with all of this information.  So many different places to look.  While we are on this subject, as best as I can tell, if testing positive, we have to isolate for 10 days.  Am I correct on this?  

I can tell you what we are doing in Amsterdam in a few weeks.

We are bringing telehealth kits with us and a stand for an IPhone. We don’t trust the ship’s Wi-Fi, so the morning we dock, our flight is early afternoon, we are going to test in our room using International data (att). We have a backup plan of testing at the airport, but I have concerns about making our flight under those circumstances. 

1 hour ago, misha1 said:

Do they provide the form on board?

As Fouremco said, it is not just a form to fill out. You have to upload passports and vaccination records as well as provide other information which is submitted directly to the Canadian government. When you have successfully done that, you’ll get a confirmation that you are required to show.

People who don’t know about it ahead of time have to step out of line to complete it on the spot. I imagine that can be stressful.

As far as the testing, the only way that will change is if the US government drops the requirement to have a negative test to return by air. There is no indication when that will happen. Since the CDC is still recommending masks on public transportation in spite of the recent ruling, I don’t look for testing to go away soon.

5 hours ago, Fouremco said:

My suggestion is to purchase telehealth kits and test yourselves on board within the 24-hour window. The added advantage to this option is that, in the off chance that you test positive, Celebrity will be required to arrange for your quarantine.

BTW, if you haven't already done so, familiarize yourself with the requirement for an ArriveCAN submission prior embarkation.

I do intend to do the telehealth. I am (rightfully) concerned about the strength of the internet.  We plan on waiting until our cellular is working, hopefully between 6:00 and 7:00 am on the day we disembark, and doing the test that way. With a 12:00 pm flight that we cannot change, I'm not sure we have any other option.