Statement copied from article I read on Cruise critic

misha1

"The U.S. government still requires all people over 2 years old flying into the country, including those who are vaccinated and boosted, to produce proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken 24 hours before you enter."  

Is this true for a return to US from Vancouver, BC?  Are the cruiselines doing the testing on board?

Edited by misha1

• misha1 changed the title to Statement copied from article I read on Cruise critic

You must test before entering the US from Canada. Celebrity cruise lines will sell you the monitored self test kit, but they are not doing the test for you. You have to arrange for that on your own or arrange to take a test in Vancouver before you leave

Yes, it is true but only if you are flying. Plenty of places to get the test. One at the Convention Center is scheduled to be open by now. The airport has several providers. It has become an industry unto itself.

• Like 1

CVM Medical has a facility at the cruise ship terminal as well as the airport. You can make an appointment at either place.

Might want to have a plan for what happens if you test positive.

3 hours ago, Babr said:

CVM Medical has a facility at the cruise ship terminal as well as the airport. You can make an appointment at either place.

Might want to have a plan for what happens if you test positive.

Couldnt that plan be to train or bus to seattle and fly home wearing masks?

8 hours ago, misha1 said:

Not sure how positive results are handled at testing site. If you are tested on the ship, they have to report the results.

8 hours ago, misha1 said:

6 hours ago, emmas gran said:

You want to fly home knowing you have Covid!!!!

I will add, You want to travel on a crowded train or bus knowing you have Covid and then you want to fly home on a crowded plane knowing you have Covid !!!!!!!!!!

Wearing a mask in not isolation. 

• Like 2

Ok, didn't mean to ruffle feathers.  I was being facetious.  So I read the Celebrity information regarding returning to the US from...well, not the US.  I understand it to say that Celebrity does, indeed provide the necessary testing if one booked before November of 2019...complimentary. One only needs to show that they  have travel arrangements in the 24 hours post disembarkation.   The part that is causing me pause is the statement "guests will be given the opportunity to test at the terminal".  

Here is what I am asking, and perhaps this information isn't really clear yet

Where in the terminal?  Before luggage pick up?  A distance from the cabs?  Our flight time was just changed from 2 pm to noon.  I am asking for advice on most efficient way for 4 people to get a resulted covid test in order to disembark, get to the airport and checked in before our noon flight.  

I am an RN at a hospital that sees numerous Covid cases.  I know how long rapid tests take.  To do this test at disembarkation seems risky in the time allowance factor.  Please excuse my sense of humor.  I know we are Covid weary.  I have not traveled since 2019.  I have not had enough  brain cells to stay up to date on the revolving door of covid restrictions, except for what was mandatory at my place of work and in my community.  I do not trust that my Celebrity rep or travel agent will be able to answer my question.  

TID, Julie

Edited by misha1

A noon flight might be sketchy. There are posts on another board about needing to be at YVR 3 hours ahead of time for international flights. It depends on how many ships are in port that day, how many are testing, and how many are trying to get a cab. I expect they will email results, but it just takes time to get through the disembarkation process and to the airport.

My suggestion is to purchase telehealth kits and test yourselves on board within the 24-hour window. The added advantage to this option is that, in the off chance that you test positive, Celebrity will be required to arrange for your quarantine.

BTW, if you haven't already done so, familiarize yourself with the requirement for an ArriveCAN submission prior embarkation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

My suggestion is to purchase telehealth kits and test yourselves on board within the 24-hour window. The added advantage to this option is that, in the off chance that you test positive, Celebrity will be required to arrange for your quarantine.

BTW, if you haven't already done so, familiarize yourself with the requirement for an ArriveCAN submission prior embarkation.

Thank you for that advice.  I certainly considered that as an option.  These telehealth kits you mention are the same used for embarkation?  I worry about using these if my phone will not pull up internet (for result verification in Canada.  Can I google this ArriveCAN form?  I wish this stuff was spelled out step by step.  I really am feeling out of the loops with all of this information.  So many different places to look.  While we are on this subject, as best as I can tell, if testing positive, we have to isolate for 10 days.  Am I correct on this?  

2 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I will second that advise.

Also. OP if you have to quarantine in Vancouver, it is one of the most beautiful cities in the world so make sure you get a room with a view.  😉

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I think that is a good idea with caveats.  On our last couple of sailings to Alaska we have had the absolute worst internet of any cruise in recent times.  If you are counting on that and can't get good internet, or maybe sign on and get cut off mid-test you are in deep do-do if you don't have a back-up plan.

1 hour ago, misha1 said:

Ok, didn't mean to ruffle feathers.  I was being facetious.  So I read the Celebrity information regarding returning to the US from...well, not the US.  I understand it to say that Celebrity does, indeed provide the necessary testing if one booked before November of 2019...complimentary. One only needs to show that they  have travel arrangements in the 24 hours post disembarkation.   The part that is causing me pause is the statement "guests will be given the opportunity to test at the terminal".  

I clicked on the link provided by a poster above, and I see nothing about them providing the necessary testing if one booked before November of 2019 as long as flight is within 24 hours.  Am I missing something?  Is this in another part of the website?  Please clarify as I certainly fit the criteria as my cruise has been lifted and shifted twice.  TIA

9 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

I will second that advise.

Also. OP if you have to quarantine in Vancouver, it is one of the most beautiful cities in the world so make sure you get a room with a view.  😉

Yes, we have been.  Thank you.  I am worried about the protocols.  None of the information seems to be in one place.  How are people navigating this seemingly overwhelming situation?  

Just now, phoenix_dream said:

I clicked on the link provided by a poster above, and I see nothing about them providing the necessary testing if one booked before November of 2019 as long as flight is within 24 hours.  Am I missing something?  Is this in another part of the website?  Please clarify as I certainly fit the criteria as my cruise has been lifted and shifted twice.  TIA

I am sorry, the Celebrity statement on their website says those booked before 11/21.  I had the wrong year.  I tried to copy and paste it but it would not do it.  I found it under the travel requirements on Celebrity site.  (2019 was on my mind as that is the last time I traveled)

11 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I think that is a good idea with caveats.  On our last couple of sailings to Alaska we have had the absolute worst internet of any cruise in recent times.  If you are counting on that and can't get good internet, or maybe sign on and get cut off mid-test you are in deep do-do if you don't have a back-up plan.

Yes, I am a bit worried about this too.  I have the premium WiFi on onboard but we will be underway and in Victoria.  I wondered if the Suites Concierge could help us in any way.  I fear I am making this harder than I should but I feel very responsible to our travel companions who have never sailed, traveled any distance, been to Alaska.  I kind of took on all of the travel reins so to speak and, well, here we are.

8 minutes ago, misha1 said:

I am sorry, the Celebrity statement on their website says those booked before 11/21.  I had the wrong year.  I tried to copy and paste it but it would not do it.  I found it under the travel requirements on Celebrity site.  (2019 was on my mind as that is the last time I traveled)

I fit the criteria either way.  I'll go back and check that other section.  Very frustrating that they can't have all the info in one place.

31 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Also, regarding the ArriveCAN form...I did find it by googling it but when does one learn of this form>  First I heard of this.  Again, and perhaps I am making a mountain out of a molehill and this would have been included in the pre-boarding e mail from Celebrity

9 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

You'll find it here: https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements

This was first introduced last fall, when the only active Celebrity cruises were out of the US. As more cruise locations have opened up, Celebrity hasn't carried this wording to the new webpages.